Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jkmunchkin

Would You Eat A Mainstream Cereal That Has Oat Flour?

I don't eat breakfast a lot (I know I should), and this morning I was a little hungry; so I went down to the cafeteria at work to find something. There were a whole bunch of cereals and so just for curiousity sake I picked a few up to see if of the previous good or bad options had any ingredient changes. I was reading the Lucky Charms box and it seems the only questionable ingredient is Oat Flour. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Oat Flour is gluten free... so do you think we can eat cereals that have oat flour or would you not trust it to be uncontaminated oat flour?

(P.S. I decided nothing down there looked exciting enough and nixed breafast).

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Ok, feel free to ignore this... I just looked at the ingredients online again and didn't notice that one of the last few ingredients is Wheat Starch. Oh well.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Ohh, how I wish wish wish that someone would put out a gluten-free version of Lucky Charms!!! It's one of the things Lucas misses the most! :(

-Sarah

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Guest j_mommy

Reguardless of the wheat flour...I would not eat anything that said oat flour!

Oats depend on your reactions as a person, however, I'm not sure if I were going to eat Oats, I'd trust the main stream brands...I do miss me lucky charms though :) I wish someone made a cereal of just those marshmallows that we could have...probably not the healthiest thing however.