Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jkmunchkin

Would You Eat A Mainstream Cereal That Has Oat Flour?

I don't eat breakfast a lot (I know I should), and this morning I was a little hungry; so I went down to the cafeteria at work to find something. There were a whole bunch of cereals and so just for curiousity sake I picked a few up to see if of the previous good or bad options had any ingredient changes. I was reading the Lucky Charms box and it seems the only questionable ingredient is Oat Flour. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Oat Flour is gluten free... so do you think we can eat cereals that have oat flour or would you not trust it to be uncontaminated oat flour?

(P.S. I decided nothing down there looked exciting enough and nixed breafast).

Ohh, how I wish wish wish that someone would put out a gluten-free version of Lucky Charms!!! It's one of the things Lucas misses the most! :(

-Sarah

Guest j_mommy

Reguardless of the wheat flour...I would not eat anything that said oat flour!

Oats depend on your reactions as a person, however, I'm not sure if I were going to eat Oats, I'd trust the main stream brands...I do miss me lucky charms though :) I wish someone made a cereal of just those marshmallows that we could have...probably not the healthiest thing however.