Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confusedks

Think I'm Getting Glutened

My family was the same way when I went milk free. I would even buy my milk free foods and they would eat them all up then complain about how nasty they were. I'd complain then they would tell me how selfish I was. :( Even though I'm old enough to be your parents, I completely understand!

Dear Kassandra,

I am with you, here! My parents are the same way. They get crumbs all over the place! Then, they treat you like you are a lunatic! If they were the ones becoming so ill from it, they would not take that attitude!

Dear Mom23boys,

That is exactly how it is! People will complain and say you are selfish, when they are the ones who are! That is so aggravating! Even worse, we are the ones who suffer for it. I want to be well and able to move out on my own so I do not have to worry about gluten getting in my things anymore.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

I have heard many stories about people getting glutened because of gluten/gluten-free shared kitchens, but this really is awful. I am truly shocked at what you two are having to put up with in your own homes, with your own family members!

The thing is... it isn't THAT hard to minimize the cc risks, as long as everyone in the house is careful and puts in a tiny amount of effort. My son has not shown any symptoms of being glutened by cc in the house since the first few weeks! All it takes is a couple separate utensils/appliances, and good cleaning practices, which become habit very quickly... I'm kind of appalled that your families refuse to put forth that small effort.

I am so sorry you're having to deal with this crap-- I wish there was something I could do!!!

-Sarah

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your kind thoughts. :) Sometimes, that is better than anything else you could do. The frustration is difficult to deal with. I wish I could be well enough to work and move out on my own. Then I would not have to worry about it. Where I live, you could have all of your limbs missing, and they would find a reason not to give you disability.

It just amazes you how inconsiderate other people are, and then have the nerve to call you self-centered. They refer to you as obsessed. People do not understand that Celiac truly dictates most aspects if not all things in your life. I get violently ill from a microscopic crumb. I really do not feel I am overdoing it. No one would want to become that ill if it is preventable.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Sarah,

Thank you! It is really hard because I am really worried about a smooth school year and on top of it, I have to make sure everything I eat is gluten-free and not cc'd. Tonight I went to cut apples and realized there was bagel crumbs everywhere!!! :angry: It's kinda the last thing I need to be worrying about, but my mom won't go completely gluten free in the house! Ugh, well the good news is when I have kids (a LONG ways away from now) I will have a gluten-free house and if they want non gluten-free food, they can eat it out...friends houses, etc. So my mom has shown me what I don't want! Lol

Thanks again,

Kassandra

Dear Pat,

You are right about that! My dad does that stuff! He will be like "Where is it?" I told him "Move the jelly." "Oh, there it is!" :rolleyes: That is so annoying! What is it with people being so lazy?

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The biopsy would need to come from your small intestine. That's where the damage is done from celiac. But you need to be on a gluten diet for the tests to be accurate. How long have you been on the PPIs? My hubby had severe acid reflux issues ...
    The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.