This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Feel Like The Forrest Gump Of Chicken

amberleigh

amberleigh Contributor

Here are some recipes we've tried lately...

Chicken breasts on the stove top with extra virgin olive oil and some southwestern seasoning from Pampered Chef

Salsa Chicken:

Chicken breasts cut up (or shredded)

Salsa (we use Pace)

Southwestern corn (frozen steamfresh)

Black olives

Garbanzo beans (or black beans...but we don't really like black beans)

Mix all together on the stove top

Sweet and Sour Chicken:

Chicken breasts cut up

Stir fry veggies

Water chestnuts

Sweet and sour sauce (Kraft)

Mix all together on the stove top

Soy Sauce Chicken:

Same as above, but with LaChoy soy sauce

Before I was dx'd we used to do chicken with Fiesta Cheese soup and Cream of Chicken soups...but I think those are no-no's now so we were thinking about using Velveeta Mexican cheese and Progresso Cream of Mushroom. You can bake it or do it in the crockpot.

Oh and we mostly serve white rice with all of the above recipes.

Please share your fave recipes! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

imsohungry Collaborator

Hee hee! :lol: I'm too tired this morning to pick out a recipe, but the title of your message cracks me up! :P

Thank you for the recipes. Have a good day!

-Julie

amybeth Enthusiast

Go to allrecipes.com and search for lemon butter chicken. SO GOOD! Double the sauce and have over rice for lunch the next day. YUM!

A quick and wonderful chicken dish (25 min.): Buy Taste of Thai Spicy Peanut Bake. Coat tenders and bake. YUM! Sometimes we use two envelopes (or one whole package) to make it extra spicy.

Chicken Breasts with a can of Cranberry sauce and a large can of crushed pineapple with a sprinkling of cinnamon and bake.

taweavmo3 Enthusiast

I don't have any recipes right now, but I am cracking up at your title. We eat SO much chicken, and I have yet to tire of it. I can eat small amounts of red meat, but ever since my 3rd child, something changed, and red meat just didn't seem appealing anymore.

So it's chicken at least 4 times a week here! I could go down the long list of chicken meals we've had...we do roast chicken, lemon chicken, sticky chicken, sweet & sour chicken, chicken stir fry, chicken coated in corn flakes, chicken enchiladas, bbq chicken.......and I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting. Glad I'm not the only one, lol.

Juliebove Rising Star

My daughter loves chicken and noodles.

I start by using my huge non-stick skillet. I then cook some chicken breasts cut in small pieces in a bit of olive oil. I then add a chopped onion and some sliced carrots and celery and if I have them, a handful or two of frozen peas. After stirring together, I add enough sweet rice flour to coat it all and then slowly add a carton of chicken broth and a bit of parsley, salt and black pepper.

While the gravy cooks down, I boil some rice lasagna noodles that have been broken into about thirds. I like fairly large pieces. I like the lasagna noodles because they are nicely thick. I cook these just until al dente and then drain and add to the chicken, veg and gravy.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

My favorite chicken recipe is chicken drumsticks, because they're so much cheaper for one. I just put them in a glass or ceramic baking dish (no metal, it burns) and sprinkle craploads of spices over the skins; lemon pepper, salt, garlic, oregano, cilantro, paprika, parsley, basil. Bake for one hour at 350 and you should be done. That's for a dozen drumsticks though, less would take less time, so check at 45 minutes.

crittermom Enthusiast

Tonight I made chicken pesto with gluten-free Penne.

1 cup fresh basil

5 tbsp parmesean cheese

3 tablespoons pinenuts

1/2 cup olive oil

salt to taste

put everything in a food processor and mix

Boil 1 lb of your favorite gluten-free pasta.

In a pan heat olive oil, slice chicken in thin strips and sear in oil until thoroughly cooked. Add in sundried tomatoes and pinenuts if you choose. Cook another 5 minutes or until pinenuts are toasted. Pour pesto sauce over chicken mixture and heat. Mix pasta and chicken mixture thoroughly. Serve warm. We had salad with it tonight.

Hope you enjoy.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Sweetfudge Community Regular

i love to make mushroom rice chicken w/ progresso's soup. sometimes i'll add some parmesan to it while it bakes. mmm :D

i also like to buy various chicken pieces, legs, etc b/c they're cheaper. i'll throw em in a pot w/ water, veggies and chicken broth, simmer for half an hour, then peel the skins and bones off. shred the chicken, and add some noodles/potatoes/rice...soup!!! yum!

Go to allrecipes.com and search for lemon butter chicken. SO GOOD! Double the sauce and have over rice for lunch the next day. YUM!

A quick and wonderful chicken dish (25 min.): Buy Taste of Thai Spicy Peanut Bake. Coat tenders and bake. YUM! Sometimes we use two envelopes (or one whole package) to make it extra spicy.

Chicken Breasts with a can of Cranberry sauce and a large can of crushed pineapple with a sprinkling of cinnamon and bake.

there's 2 lemon butter chicken recipes :huh: i'm guessing it's not the italian one. both seem to have lots of good feedback though. is your cranberry chicken very sweet? seems like it would be not so dinner-ish...

amybeth Enthusiast

You're right....the Lemon Butter Chicken is NOT the italian one ....

The tang of the cranberry kind of offsets the pineapple and the cinnamon helps too. I actually eat it without much of the topping on top - the flavors get into the chicken in the baking.

Adelle Enthusiast

I love chicken!!

Ok our salsa chicken is too easy

Dump salsa over chicken boobies and bake

I like it with rice and steamed broccoli.

salsa all around!

Baked chicken breast, cooled, tossed in salad (yum!).

Feta cheese chicken:

Put a pile of spinach in a glass dish (I suppose you could use other kinds, I just always use glass), sprinkle with feta cheese, drizzle a teeny bit of olive oil

Plop pieces of chicken on top

Bake 350 til the chicken is done

Mmmmm.... okay, now I want to make chicken!! Ha ha

Karen VMM Newbie

My son loves oven friend chicken. We marinate the chicken in eggs and spices. Then coat the chicken in potatoe buds. Place on a baking sheet sprayed with Pam and bake. It is really good.

Karen

Archived