Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snappy_Pants

So What Drinks Can I Enjoy?

I was talking to the DH yesterday about him missing going out to Don Pablos (mexican restaurant) and really just wanting their Sopapillas (sp?) which are (were for me) tasty fried tortillas with a butter/honey sauce and powdered sugar. I told him maybe we could still go out and have drinks and he could have them on the side.

I'd really like to be able to enjoy some adult beverages so what is safe for me to enjoy? I'm a real fan of rum and martini drinks and margaritas. Obviously mixes should be avoided but anyone have any good favorites?

(I am thinking plastic cup from the other discussion....I've seen those 3 tubs they use....ick!)

My favorite is the mojito. In fact we have them every Monday.

It's just rum, club soda, lime, sugar, and mint.

Outback has some gluten-free mixed drinks on their menu. My favorite there is the No Bull Kiwirita (Margarita made with red bull!) :D

My favorite is the mojito. In fact we have them every Monday.

It's just rum, club soda, lime, sugar, and mint.

Outback has some gluten-free mixed drinks on their menu. My favorite there is the No Bull Kiwirita (Margarita made with red bull!) :D

Woah! My Outback doesn't have that drink!!! UH!!! That sounds sooooooooo good!!!

Margaritas are usually ok, especially at mexican places where they mix their own. I was at one place that added beer to theirs, though, so now I always ask about that. I get some strange looks because no one adds beer to margaritas! Somehow I stumbled on the only place in the country that does it.

If you want to make them at home, here's a delicious recipe that doesn't use a mix. I get asked for the recipe every time I make these.

-4 shots tequila

-2 shots triple sec

-1 can frozen limade

-some frozen strawberries

-ice

Blend it up and enjoy!

Margaritas are usually ok, especially at mexican places where they mix their own. I was at one place that added beer to theirs, though, so now I always ask about that. I get some strange looks because no one adds beer to margaritas! Somehow I stumbled on the only place in the country that does it.

If you want to make them at home, here's a delicious recipe that doesn't use a mix. I get asked for the recipe every time I make these.

-4 shots tequila

-2 shots triple sec

-1 can frozen limade

-some frozen strawberries

-ice

Blend it up and enjoy!

Now THAT sounds good - I'm breaking out the blender tonight!! :P