Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I really have to comment on what a wonderful product this is.

I add this to my gluten-free bread mix and it gives it such a good texture to the final product.

I blend it in with the gluten-free Pantry mix; I use about 5 level tablespoons with not much extra water.

It produces a dough very similar to what gluten bread dough would feel like; and it bakes into a loaf with less holes in the bread; or smaller holes which is very similar to what gluten bread would have.

I get it from www.heartlandsfinest.com -- can't find it in stores yet.

Wow, thanks! I was looking at the Chebe mix, and all it is is Tapioca starch, modified tapioca starch, and salt. I wanted to try to make up my own mix, but I couldn't find the modified tapioca starch!

ptkds

Thanks for your review of this product. I am interested in it as well. I may have to pick some up.

Another product that I know of that may have promise for us is Clear Jel. It is a modified corn starch that is used for canning pie fillings and such. I have been intending to try it out for baking, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. If anyone reads this and has tried it, I would love to hear your results.

I saw this ingredient in chichen nuggets that we bought recently. Allergenfree Foods was the company I think and the big bag of nuggets, enough for a little over 2 meals for my whole family, was something like $3.99 at Kroger. They tasted and looked like regular nuggets.