Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueeyedmanda

Fall Has Finally Arrived!

After a few days of high 80's and low 90's in PA in October....it is now fall!

Today we are gloomy....but do need the rain so I don't hear too much complaining. The high is in the 50's right now.

It just didn't seem right before when the leaves and turning and falling and we were sweating like crazy.

Is it fall-like at everyone elses homes?

It's been in the low to mid nineties here for days and days, and we've had several record breaking highs lately... but it finally cooled down here today, too. It was about 50 when I took the kids to school, and is supposed to be milder today. The trees haven't really even started turning yet, which is bizarre. My petunias are still growing like crazy, even though we, too need rain desperately... we're in full-out drought status. One of my close neighbors' (actually, they're also my best friend's parents) well has gone dry- which even though they had expected it, and it's an old shallow well.... it makes me exceedingly nervous! :unsure:

-Sarah

NH has finally found fall for the most part we are a little behind but is chilly drizzly and the leaves are turning I am in central NH so the north is probably in full fall mood now :( I love and dislike fall all at the same time.

After a few days of high 80's and low 90's in PA in October....it is now fall!

Today we are gloomy....but do need the rain so I don't hear too much complaining. The high is in the 50's right now.

It just didn't seem right before when the leaves and turning and falling and we were sweating like crazy.

Is it fall-like at everyone elses homes?

NH has finally found fall for the most part we are a little behind but is chilly drizzly and the leaves are turning I am in central NH so the north is probably in full fall mood now :( I love and dislike fall all at the same time.

I have the love hate relationship as well with fall.

I love how pretty it is, I love the Halloween events, the cool nights when you get that nice breeze through the window

I hate knowing winter is coming, that I have to bundle up to leave my house, it's harder to get out of bed when it is dark and cold, sandals have to be put away, and you never know how long the cold will last in PA...will spring come in April or will it still snow in May :)

I love the apple fests, trips to the pumpkin patch and harvest season....I love Thanksgiving!!!! My favorite holiday.

I hate how Nov, Dec, and Jan are big holiday months but then there are no holidays until the Memorial Day weekend, I hate that it gets dark at 5...I barely get home after work and it feels like 10 at night.

I guess this all sums it up....:)

Our leaves are usually fully red and orange by now up here, but it is very late this year. And we, too, have had a wonderfully warm September and October (high 70's). But it's comin'...... :(

I only wish that our leaves on the trees here in Texas turned like they do up North. Our leaves turn from green to maybe red and then brown. Not the gorgous colors that ya'll have. It has been in the mid 90's to low 80's here I am still wareing my shorts. my daughter did have to ware a jacket on morning last week but it did get warm quickly. We are getting rain right now, but that is only because Mother Nature is upset about the Dallas Cowboys loss :angry: Those stupid cowgirls

donna