Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aeshlea

Is Celiac Disease Just Advanced Gluten Intolerance?

Is Celiac disease just advanced gluten intolerance??

Thanks...

Depression, asthma, a million enviromental allergies, psoriasis,

fatigue, sleepy after eating, extreme IBS symptoms, muscle and body pain apon waking, acne

when I never had it before - all developed (or at least became obvious) in the last 5 years

Diagnosed Gluten Intolerant November '07

Happily (for the most part) gluten free for 3 months, go me!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think so & so do others like Dr Fine of Enterolab.com

I also think that a lot of gluten intolerant people die of other things before their villi totally go, like my mother who died of colon cancer.

I am double DQ1 & I have a double DQ1 friend with osteo & another auto immune illness... & a positive biopsy for celiac...

Join eNewsletter

In my case yes. But my brain and joints were already severely effected before the gut stuff became much more than an annoyance. Some will say the difference is that those with celiac will form autoimmune disorders but gluten intoleranct folks don't. In my case that was clearly not true. I had multiple autoimmune problems including arthritis and fibro and what was thought to be MS. All went into remission on the gluten free diet. It was always assumed I was genetically a celiac, until I had my genes read almost 5 years after diagnosis and it was found that I am genetically not celiac but gluten intolerant.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter