Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiceAddict

Single Serving Juice Cups

Well, it's 2am and I'm up with bad D and the typical glutened symptoms. This one is weird though, I was in Chicago over the weekend and had no appetite so I ate VERY little, fresh fruit, cheetos, Mt Dew, a Wendy's frosty, and a Mrs. Leepers dinner leftover when I got home. These are all staple foods for me and so not out of the ordinary at all, yet I still have glutened symptoms. Granted I could just have a bug or be exhausted from a strenuous weekend and little food, but then I really started to go over everything that I ate.

Well, this morning in the hotel I went down to check out the continental breakfast--you know the type, where there is nothing I can eat. I opted just to have juice. It was apple juice and came in those little one cup containers with the peel-back foil lid. This was the only thing out of the ordinary for my diet in several days. Is it possible that the glue used to hold the foil to the cup is a wheat paste similar to what is on envelopes? Seems a little far fetched, but I suppose it could happen. I would assume that it is corn based perhaps, but does anyone know for sure? I eat little cups of applesauce all the time with no problem and they are packaged in a similar manner.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, it's 2am and I'm up with bad D and the typical glutened symptoms. This one is weird though, I was in Chicago over the weekend and had no appetite so I ate VERY little, fresh fruit, cheetos, Mt Dew, a Wendy's frosty, and a Mrs. Leepers dinner leftover when I got home. These are all staple foods for me and so not out of the ordinary at all, yet I still have glutened symptoms. Granted I could just have a bug or be exhausted from a strenuous weekend and little food, but then I really started to go over everything that I ate.

Well, this morning in the hotel I went down to check out the continental breakfast--you know the type, where there is nothing I can eat. I opted just to have juice. It was apple juice and came in those little one cup containers with the peel-back foil lid. This was the only thing out of the ordinary for my diet in several days. Is it possible that the glue used to hold the foil to the cup is a wheat paste similar to what is on envelopes? Seems a little far fetched, but I suppose it could happen. I would assume that it is corn based perhaps, but does anyone know for sure? I eat little cups of applesauce all the time with no problem and they are packaged in a similar manner.

Last week I had a similar experience. I wondered about the glue on the juice also. I guess we cant rule anything out. I will however avoid pealing the lid back on those juice cups for a while. Anyone out there with a similar experience?

Join eNewsletter

There are many juices that have gluten added to the juice, so that could have been it but my money would be on the Cheetos. Eating those is like playing roulette for me. One time they are fine another they make me sick for a week. You also may be more sensitive to CC as time goes by and your body gets to feel what it is like to not be in constant antibody reaction it may let you know more clearly that you are consuming something that is toxic.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter