Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yellow Rose

Olive Garden

I tried looking on the web site but can't find any info other than they do have a gluten free menu. Does anybody know what is on that menu?

I am going tomorrow.

Thanks,

Yellow Rose

27 years of misdiognoses

seziures summer of 1979 lasted 10 years had maybe a dozen in that time Dr.s never could find what was causing them blamed it on lack of sleep and maybe nutrasweet

rheumatoid arthritis May 1980

wrist joint replacement Jan 1984

fibromyalgia May 1980

insomnia since the 80's

diarrhea 1995-2000 blamed on arthritis meds

Crohn's 1998 after two operations to fix fissures caused by the diarrhea

Other symptons over the last 27 years that have been treated for symptoms not causes:

depression, anemia, constipation, tooth discoloration, tremors in hands, tingling and numbness in feet and hands, fatigue, high blood pressure due to arthritus meds, flushing in face, severe muscle pain and thinking I was going crazy thanks to Dr.'s attitudes.

After diognoses my mother tells me I have an aunt and a cousin with Celiac. Mother tested negative but thinks she is intolerant to wheat and is changing her diet.

Suspect all three of my children have it as well but still trying to convince them to go get tested.

In answer to my prayer, "Lord Please Heal My Broken Body". May 2007 Celiac antibody test positive

Matthew 7: 8 Ask and ye shall receive, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I tried looking on the web site but can't find any info other than they do have a gluten free menu. Does anybody know what is on that menu?

I am going tomorrow.

Thanks,

Yellow Rose

Ok I found the restaurant guide and all the info on Olive Garden but does anybody know if the parmasan cheese they add to the salad is safe?

Yellow Rose

27 years of misdiognoses

seziures summer of 1979 lasted 10 years had maybe a dozen in that time Dr.s never could find what was causing them blamed it on lack of sleep and maybe nutrasweet

rheumatoid arthritis May 1980

wrist joint replacement Jan 1984

fibromyalgia May 1980

insomnia since the 80's

diarrhea 1995-2000 blamed on arthritis meds

Crohn's 1998 after two operations to fix fissures caused by the diarrhea

Other symptons over the last 27 years that have been treated for symptoms not causes:

depression, anemia, constipation, tooth discoloration, tremors in hands, tingling and numbness in feet and hands, fatigue, high blood pressure due to arthritus meds, flushing in face, severe muscle pain and thinking I was going crazy thanks to Dr.'s attitudes.

After diognoses my mother tells me I have an aunt and a cousin with Celiac. Mother tested negative but thinks she is intolerant to wheat and is changing her diet.

Suspect all three of my children have it as well but still trying to convince them to go get tested.

In answer to my prayer, "Lord Please Heal My Broken Body". May 2007 Celiac antibody test positive

Matthew 7: 8 Ask and ye shall receive, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you.

Join eNewsletter

www.olivegarden.com

Ceasar Salad and Garden Salad (without croutons) are gluten free.

Herb-Grilled Salmon - prepared with Italian herbs and extra virgin olive oil, seasoned broccoli.

Port Filettino - prepared with extra-virgin olive oil and rosemany, seasoned broccoli.

Tuscan T-bone - prepared with Italian herbs, seasoned broccoli.

(do not relay on this listing as recipes may vary from time to time)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

I had very good luck at Olive Garden. I had to find a place for the family to get together after our children's baptism, so I ran in and asked the manager early that day when they first opened. She came out and talked to me and knew exactly what I was needing. She went back to her desk and pulled up the latest gluten-free menu for them and brought it back out. My son and I had no problems. My son had the Tuscan Tbone and I had salmon. I don't remember all the other choices, but there were a few.

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005

Join eNewsletter

I love their salad and don't have a problem with it...they are really good about accomodating me. Haven't had anything else yet.

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Join eNewsletter

Olive Garden will subsitute plain rice for any pasta entree. At our Olive Garden, they use cream for there thickener for most sauces, but you have to make sure you ask someone in charge.

The weird thing is, at our olive garden, you have to tell them that they have rice. The waitress that we got the other day was like, "this is a itallian resturaunt, we dont serve rice" I told her, "Your manager said that yall have it in the kitchen. If you tell them that I have a wheat allergy, they will make sure that they use rice and dont contaminate it." She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Ok, well Ill check on that. If they dont have rice, would you like to have spaghetti and with noodles?" Seriously...some people worry me. I had to go find my friend that works there and have him explain it to her! Then I asked her for salad with no crutons, and she came and said, "Here is your salad with extra crutons. Enjoy"

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter