Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShayBraMom

I Need Everybodies Imput On This, Please!

I've contacted a company named Awareness-Depot, they got all kinds of stuff for Breastcancer, Childabsue, you name it- but guess what, nothihng aobut Celiac desease. since aobut on in 133ericans has Celiac but only one in 5000 gets diagnosed in his life time, knowing what this desease can do ect., I do think things like Wristband are a cool thing. Yes, they are out there but what I actually look for are cool car-magnets! I contacted that company asking if they got anything for/aboout Celiac! They answered as of this time not but they will seriously consider it and if I got any suggestions! Well, wristbands are out there but I actually want some supercool carmagnets for example, how many times have you read other poeples stickers on the car while waiting behind them in the traffic? since they are open for stuff and willing to accomodate I'd like to send them some input back as requested!

Any ideas for cool sayings on Car-Magnets for / about/against Celiac you'd buy too- stuff you'd stick on your car too ect.! Letyour phantasie run wild! I got some ideas but not so special or cool!

Celiac-Desease- one in 133 Americans has it, you too?

Celiac-the silent devil in your gut!

We are Gluten-free, we live life!

Gluten- who needs that?

Gluten- you are busted!

Susi with Shayden and Brandy

Shayden, pos. with DQ 2, pos. for Glutensensitivity with Tissuetransglutaminase Stool TgA 45 Units

Brandy, pos. with DQ2 + DQ8, DX Celiac Nov.07, gluten-free since Nov. 1st 07, Tissuetransglutaminase Stool TgA 63 Units

Me: Gastroscopy negative f. Celiac, IBS, Oesophagitis, Hiatus-Hernia

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That's a great idea. Most people have never heard of Celiac disease and this would be a great way to help others become aware of it. Can you have two lines?

Bloated?

Celiac-Desease- one in 133 Americans has it, you too?

Osteoporosis, and sacroiliac arthritis diagnosed 32 yrs of age.  Chronic low wbc, Severe constipation, Migraines, severe GERD, multiple miscarriages, Sjrogen's disease, positive ANA, thyroid nodules (hyperthryoid), fatty liver disease with elevated enzymes, low vitamin D, low protein, IBS, SIBO, Discoid lupus, mulitple food allergies and massive hair loss.  I left my career because I was too sick to keep working, and it was devastating because I couldn't apply for disability without a diagnosis.  My daughter was a preemie and she has Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD) and had a positive ANA and Rheumatoid Factor at 16 and now has been dx'd with Hashimoto's.

Allergic to:  corn, rice, beans, tomatoes, dairy.  Not diagnosed as celiac.

Join eNewsletter

Maybe one of those red "no" circles with the bar going across a bunch of wheat.

Celiacs go against the grain.

Got more gas than your car? Think Celiac.

Just say NO to gluten.

Celiac on board.

I'm gluten-free!

And my body thanks me for it.

Yeah, so they're not all winners. Will put more thought into this once the coffee has kicked in.

2/05 GERD

3/07 Multinodular goiter (suspicious for follicular neoplasm as of 11/07)

5/07 Iron, vit D, and B vit deficiencies (all of them), but particularly B1, B5, B12 and folate

6/07 Elevated mercury, subclinical hypothyroid, adrenal fatigue, CFS

9/07 Endo/Colonoscopy - neg biopsy (only took 2 samples), diverticulosis, benign polyps

10/07 PCOS (cysts in breasts, ovaries and cervix)

10/07 Major reaction to wheat challenge. Minor reactions to corn, dairy, barley, and refined sugar

2/08 Candida (per Doctor's Data)

3/08 Lyme disease (clinical dx), began tx

3/08 Intradermal allergy testing - high for wheat, beef, pork, tuna, and corn - moderate for almonds, chicken, coffee, eggs, garlic, gluten, green peas, milk, rice, soy, sugar, tomatoes, green peppers, celery, sesame, garbanzo, mushroom, cabbage, strawberries, and spinach.

4/08 Began tx for babs and bart

4/08 Slightly elevated titres for EBV and HHV-6. IgG1 deficiency.

"What doesn't kill us makes us stronger... and stranger."

Join eNewsletter

Got more gas than your car.... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Join eNewsletter

There are evidently some out there. Some local group members attended a CSA conference and brought back some green ribbon style car magnets.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

OMG, I just aobutlost it "got more gas then your car, think celiac" this one is golden! I"m in tears I laughed so hard, this is a very good one!!!!!!!!!!!! all of the suggestions are awesome!!!!!!!!

Somebody said something aobut the green ribbons, there are so many ribbons out there, I personally don't even look anymore, but I do know that I read other poeples bumperstickers and magnets all of the time *lol* Thank guys!!! All the ideas are great and I'll pass them on as Suggestions from Members in a Celiac-Forum. I'll let you guys know what came of all of this, if theyd o decide to make some of these I"m sure you guys will be interested in it and passing on the word. Thank you!!!!

Shayden, pos. with DQ 2, pos. for Glutensensitivity with Tissuetransglutaminase Stool TgA 45 Units

Brandy, pos. with DQ2 + DQ8, DX Celiac Nov.07, gluten-free since Nov. 1st 07, Tissuetransglutaminase Stool TgA 63 Units

Join eNewsletter

I forgot,maybe you'd like to send a qwuick email to the company as well to express interest and why you thinkit is important to carry some of the stuff. I passed all the suggestions on, they know I wrote aobut it in this Celiac-forum, maybe your support will also help top get them to make some stuff for us!

Here the email! Just reffer to the customer-Request aobut Articles for Celiac from Susanne Dufek, maybe it helps!

sales@awarenessdepot.com

Join eNewsletter

Wonderful idea. I loved all the suggestions. If someone does this let me know where to get them.

Yellow Rose

27 years of misdiognoses

seziures summer of 1979 lasted 10 years had maybe a dozen in that time Dr.s never could find what was causing them blamed it on lack of sleep and maybe nutrasweet

rheumatoid arthritis May 1980

wrist joint replacement Jan 1984

fibromyalgia May 1980

insomnia since the 80's

diarrhea 1995-2000 blamed on arthritis meds

Crohn's 1998 after two operations to fix fissures caused by the diarrhea

Other symptons over the last 27 years that have been treated for symptoms not causes:

depression, anemia, constipation, tooth discoloration, tremors in hands, tingling and numbness in feet and hands, fatigue, high blood pressure due to arthritus meds, flushing in face, severe muscle pain and thinking I was going crazy thanks to Dr.'s attitudes.

After diognoses my mother tells me I have an aunt and a cousin with Celiac. Mother tested negative but thinks she is intolerant to wheat and is changing her diet.

Suspect all three of my children have it as well but still trying to convince them to go get tested.

In answer to my prayer, "Lord Please Heal My Broken Body". May 2007 Celiac antibody test positive

Matthew 7: 8 Ask and ye shall receive, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you.

Join eNewsletter

i know there are tons of gluten-free things, bumper stickers included, at cafepress.com. just search gluten free. my favorite stuff is by gluten free goddess. i told my husband exactly what i want for christmas from there :)

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Join eNewsletter

"Got more gas than your car? Think Celiac."

I vote for this one! Now if we could just think of a way to turn all of that "self-produced gas" into some sort of bio-fuel and capitalize in it . . . . . :lol:

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Join eNewsletter

The University of Maryland's Center for Celiac Research (Dr. Fasano's group) sells bracelets and magnetic ribbons on their website (http://www.celiaccenter.org/). Maybe other groups do as well.

Bumper stickers would be nice, too. Especially if some/all of the proceeds were to go to research, or kids' camps, etc.

DX'ed celiac June 2006 by blood and biopsy

Gluten-free and healthy since

Join eNewsletter

If we can't find them we may be able to make them up ourselves. I know there is at least one place in my small city where they make those advertising things you can put on your car, the stuff made with a plastic that just sticks there. I love the "Got more gas than your car? Think Celiac" perhaps an after Xmas project will be to see if I can make some up and where. If I find a way cheap and easy I'll let you all know.

A couple more:

CFS FIBRO MIGRAINES ARTHRITIS??? Check for CELIAC

Existing on Pills? Try living without gluten

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Fantastic idea!

I'd love to see something that competes with all the drug ads we are inundated with. You know, how they show all these people's tummies, and say something like, "bloating? ask your doctor for a prescription for ________."

Well, why not one that says,

"Tired of paying for all those prescriptions that are supposed to help your tummy problems, joint pain, exhaustion? Notice that they don't fix what's CAUSING them, they just--hopefully-- help the symptoms a little bit? You might have celiac disease---the easiest and cheapest disease in the world to FIX-- without buying a thing!

for more info, go to WWW.CELIAC.COM"

The problem is, the pharm industry pays millions for marketing and advertising. We need to convince newspapers and magazines to run articles or ads or whatever to increase awareness not just of the existence of celiac, but of the enormous amount of damage the medical system is doing to people with celiac, those who are being told to take medicine after medicine but are never given a clue that their problems might be caused by what they're eating.

Join eNewsletter

Any ideas for cool sayings on Car-Magnets for / about/against Celiac you'd buy too- stuff you'd stick on your car too ect.! Letyour phantasie run wild! I got some ideas but not so special or cool!

Hello everyone,

I know that it is inappropriate to promote products here, but mine are relevant to your discussion. So, please visit my website (see my profile) if interested. I apologize in advance for any inappropriate behavior!

Life is to LIVE, not to suffer. Make the most of it, and have some FUN, regardless of your situation.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter