Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mango04

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Ohh, more fun, lol!

Looks like a lot of us ordered Pink Ribbon this time...it will be fun to compare it with each of us.

More fun orders.

Colleen I want those mixing bowls and Joni I have had my eye on that Siesta lip color so I am looking forward to both of your reviews!!

I agree with Mango getting some kind of special discount for starting up this cult and generating lots of sales for EM. Or honorable mention on the website, or daily confetti thrown on her everytime she applies her make up :lol::lol:

Yes Mango I did get a sample kit recently, I will give a review of the Best Friends blush tomorrow!

I finally ordered an sample kit yesterday, i cant wait to try it out, i hope i have no problems with it cause i would love to buy so much more of their stuff, but i figured to sample first then buy an huge kit, it even has already been shipped like 1 hour after i ordered. I am going to have to find time to read all the post in here and see what else to order and how to use it, im so excited.

paula

Happy weekending EM bunch!

I feel like a mad scientist, or maybe it's Jackson Pollock with all the color :lol:

Sunlight yellow under the eyes, Mint all over followed by Pink....bwah, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!

Happy weekending EM bunch!

I feel like a mad scientist, or maybe it's Jackson Pollock with all the color :lol:

Sunlight yellow under the eyes, Mint all over followed by Pink....bwah, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!

LOL, Julie!

So, how do you like it?

LOL, Julie!

So, how do you like it?

Hi Joni, I LOVE it.

Best Friends is a very nice blush color, no hints of orange whatsoever.

The natural lip balm by itself looks a little light on me by itself, but have you guys ever noticed how the makeup changes as the day goes on, not necessarily changes color, but just sets in more, or something.....

I do need more brushes, lots and lots of brushes!

Yay Patti, is out there in the fields doing marketing her little heart out for EM :lol:

Paula, congrats on getting your sample kit ordered. Let us know how you like it!

Hi Joni, I LOVE it.

The natural lip balm by itself looks a little light on me by itself, but have you guys ever noticed how the makeup changes as the day goes on, not necessarily changes color, but just sets in more, or something.....

I do need more brushes, lots and lots of brushes!

Yay Patti, is out there in the fields doing marketing her little heart out for EM :lol:

Paula, congrats on getting your sample kit ordered. Let us know how you like it!

Glad you like Best Friends. I had it on my order, but took it off and put on a finishing powder. I already had 4 blushes, it was hard to decide. I'll have to keep notes on that one for a future order, lol!

I love the brushes that I got from EM. They really make a difference in how the makeup goes on and looks.

I noticed that the makeup looks a bit different as the day goes on. I think it just absorbs in more so the colors aren't quite as vivid? I actually like it better after an hour or so when that 'freshly made up look' is gone, lol!

My last order still says packed, but not shipped. <_<

Looks like I accidentally chose DHL for shipping instead of USPS. I'v enever used DHL before. Can anyone compare their service to the USPS? Is their tracking any better than USPS, because that sucks on ice.

Egads, another color to try!!!! :lol:

I got carded!!!!!

I

Oh heck...I got so excited I hit reply before I finished saying what I wanted to say! :lol:

I was at Target today (looking for a small plastic tray), and in my journies, I discovered a "craft tote". It's about the same size as the Caboodles tote I got, but has more dividers in the trays, and there are 2 full trays plus the bottom of the tote. Now the only question is will my full size containers fit in the trays...some of my containers were too tall for some of the compartments in the other tote.

And, I also bought a little three drawer thingy that will fit on the toilet tank. I can put my multitude of lip glosses in there, lol.

Oh heck...I got so excited I hit reply before I finished saying what I wanted to say! :lol:

I was at Target today (looking for a small plastic tray), and in my journies, I discovered a "craft tote". It's about the same size as the Caboodles tote I got, but has more dividers in the trays, and there are 2 full trays plus the bottom of the tote. Now the only question is will my full size containers fit in the trays...some of my containers were too tall for some of the compartments in the other tote.

And, I also bought a little three drawer thingy that will fit on the toilet tank. I can put my multitude of lip glosses in there, lol.

lol, at all the stuf u have bought for the makeup, im sure it wont be long til i have a huge collections myself, i just cant wait to get it.

Mine said shipped like right after i did the order, It said it already left texas, i just did usps, but texas isnt that far from me so i wasnt worried how long it would take to get here.

Ok who on here has light skin but dark hair

I need ideas on lipstick and eyeshadow, oh and my eyes are hazel, they go from a pretty green when im happy to a dark dark color when im pissed lol

paula

I need ideas on lipstick and eyeshadow, oh and my eyes are hazel, they go from a pretty green when im happy to a dark dark color when im pissed lol

I do. My hair is naturally very dark brown (almost black)...it's highlighted heavily right now so, more of a brown I guess now. My skin is very pale for someone who is supposed to have olive skin. My eyes are dark brown though. My mom has beautiful blue eyes...I didn't get them: :angry::lol: I tend to keep the eyes pretty neutral and so far all the colors I've ordered are very neutral. My colors are coming in the next batch. I did get some of the free colors that they sent out with orders over $30, and those were nice. I do mostly smokey looks I guess.

Donna, you are so organized! I'm still looking for the right size tote that will fit in my cabinet. I didn't think of checking out craft totes - great idea!

Yes, and everything fits PERFECTLY in it. I'm so happy! :P I even have room for my next set of 10 mini eyeshadows and plenty of new blush colors. :)

This is the one I got (I paid $9 for it--ha! the one review that is there says it's great for makeup :lol: ):

http://www.target.com/Iris-Set-2-Hobby-Cases/dp/B000N9J4E6

Hope the picture is clear...it looks a little fuzzy on my screen.

I agree with Mango getting some kind of special discount for starting up this cult and generating lots of sales for EM. Or honorable mention on the website, or daily confetti thrown on her everytime she applies her make up :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm glad you like your blush Julie. :)

Hey, did you guys see the latest news on the EM site? They're going to offer trial sizes of everything :D and they're working on an eye kabuki brush AND they are coming out with more concealers :D :D

Oh, and my order left Texas today. Woohoooo....the tracking frenzy continues :lol:

AND....(one more thing LOL) the have forums up now on the EM site. A lot of people have posted pictures of their "faces of the day." It's nice to be able to see what the colors look like on different skin tones.

How big are the small eyeshadows? The ones I have now from EM are the large size. Are they comparable in size to the containers from the free samples? Or are they bigger? Just trying to picture what i will be getting from my sampler pack.

While the baby was in the tub tonight, I did some playing. I used text message blush as an eyeshadow with Good China as a base. Text message is matte, so the sparkles of the good china peeked through a bit. It looked really nice and made my green eyes pop. It is true about the red shades for the green eyes. Then I also used Text Message as a lip color and dabbed on some clear lip gloss over the top. It tied together quite nicely, if I do say so myself. I experimented a bit with the everyday bronzer, but I obviously have a lot to learn about how to apply that. I had dark blotches in some places. I think I will like it once I figure out how to get it on evenly.

Mine said shipped like right after i did the order, It said it already left texas, i just did usps, but texas isnt that far from me so i wasnt worried how long it would take to get here.

paula

Yay! It's really nice makeup.

My eyes are hazel and they seem to get darker, almost like a smokey greay when I'm angry or tired. I went to a website that recommended colors for hazel eyes and medium skin, I'll look for it and post it later today.

From what I remember it was pinks, peaches, and lavenders. but I know therer are more choices.

Yes, and everything fits PERFECTLY in it. I'm so happy! :P I even have room for my next set of 10 mini eyeshadows and plenty of new blush colors. :)

This is the one I got (I paid $9 for it--ha! the one review that is there says it's great for makeup :lol: ):

http://www.target.com/Iris-Set-2-Hobby-Cases/dp/B000N9J4E6

Hope the picture is clear...it looks a little fuzzy on my screen.

I really like that case Donna. I'm sure when I get my next order in my makeup will outgrow the little 3 drawer thing it's in now. I couldn't tell if there was a place for brushes in the top compartments? Did some of the smaller sizes fit in the top?

AND....(one more thing LOL) the have forums up now on the EM site. A lot of people have posted pictures of their "faces of the day." It's nice to be able to see what the colors look like on different skin tones.

Ooooh, sound neat. I can't wait to go check out the before/after pictures. Thanks!

How big are the small eyeshadows? The ones I have now from EM are the large size. Are they comparable in size to the containers from the free samples? Or are they bigger? Just trying to picture what i will be getting from my sampler pack.

While the baby was in the tub tonight, I did some playing. I used text message blush as an eyeshadow with Good China as a base. Text message is matte, so the sparkles of the good china peeked through a bit. It looked really nice and made my green eyes pop. It is true about the red shades for the green eyes. Then I also used Text Message as a lip color and dabbed on some clear lip gloss over the top. It tied together quite nicely, if I do say so myself. I experimented a bit with the everyday bronzer, but I obviously have a lot to learn about how to apply that. I had dark blotches in some places. I think I will like it once I figure out how to get it on evenly.

The small eye shadows come in the same container as the samples.

Glad you got to so some 'playing'! Seems like a good idea to use the eye colors on the lips to make everything go together.

Heading to the EM site now. Got to keep up with all the glitz going on over there. :)

Thanks joni,

I know when i got married my cousin put my makeup on that use to do makeup for people up in california and seh put blue on me, she said it was teh right color for me, and omg i hated it. I like browns and purples and pinks, cant wait to try the smokey eye like donna. I just want my makeup, i think im going to order some eyeshadows and lip color today, i know i wont be happy with just foundation and blush lol

paula

Yesterday I tried a semi-matte, not sure if I noticed any difference between it and the intensive. Does anyone think it's a more drying formulation?? It could just be my skin and what is going on with it now, but I thought I would ask if anyone else had this feeling when wearing it.

As far as coverage it was as excellent as the intensive for me.

I put on Morocco eye color and my Best Friends Blush.

I don't think I am going to be able to use the natural lip color :( , It really dried out my lips. By days end they were all cracked and peeling.

Donna, you are the Queen of makeup organization :lol::lol:

I definitely need to find some bins or totes that will get my EM organized, at the moment I have all my 26 containers scattered on top of my dresser, they look at me and say "organize me!!!" I am constantly turning them over and seeing what it is. Then I forget what was where and have to do it 5 more times to find what I am looking for :lol:

I can't imagine how many containers you all have, I think I have done the least amount of ordering (3 sample kits and a mini eye color kit with a couple of other things)

I experimented a bit with the everyday bronzer, but I obviously have a lot to learn about how to apply that. I had dark blotches in some places. I think I will like it once I figure out how to get it on evenly.

This is what I liked about Bare Minerals, they gave you a DVD with application sessions.

If a room full of ladies at EM is following this thread, that is what we need on your website...video clips!!! HINT, HINT ;);)

Colleen, I would suggest (as learned from BM) getting a nice soft fluffy blush brush if you don't already have one, swirl it into a pinch of the bronzer and then tap off the access and lightly swipe over your forehead. Then in one long "W" motion beginning under one eye at the cheekbone up over your nose and down under the other eye at the cheekbone (hopefully that makes sense??), and then over your chin.

I want to emphasize starting "lightly", then you can add on another layer if you think you need more color.

The idea is to hit the areas where the sun naturally gives the face color.

Let me know how you like the bronzer, I am interested in trying it out too.

Mango, thanks for the heads up about the new additions to the website, I'm going to head over there now!

Question, how do you guys go from color to color with your brushes? Do you just wipe them off in between or do you have a few brushes for each part of the face??

Yesterday I tried a semi-matte, not sure if I noticed any difference between it and the intensive. Does anyone think it's a more drying formulation?? It could just be my skin and what is going on with it now, but I thought I would ask if anyone else had this feeling when wearing it.

Question, how do you guys go from color to color with your brushes? Do you just wipe them off in between or do you have a few brushes for each part of the face??

I think the semi-matte has a slightly softer and smoother/less cakey finish than the intensive, and yeah maybe it's a bit more drying. I have a sample of original glo on the way...hopefully that one is the least drying. Coverage wise they all do seem pretty similiar. I actually used one layer of multi-tasking matte and one layer of multi-tasking concealer all over my face today and I quite like the finish :)

Between colors, I just swipe the brush over my hand until color stops coming off of it. That's probably not the best way to do it but it works well enough.

Love the video clip idea!

I think the semi-matte has a slightly softer and smoother/less cakey finish than the intensive, and yeah maybe it's a bit more drying. I have a sample of original glo on the way...hopefully that one is the least drying. Coverage wise they all do seem pretty similiar. I actually used one layer of multi-tasking matte and one layer of multi-tasking concealer all over my face today and I quite like the finish :)

Between colors, I just swipe the brush over my hand until color stops coming off of it. That's probably not the best way to do it but it works well enough.

Thanks for all the tips Mango.

I think you are right about the finishes, I just found this:

http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t=viewDo...foundation_tips

This information answers a lot of questions I had, and gives great suggestions for achieving your personal flawless finish :D

I don't know how I missed this before!

Nobody panic or anything....I think I may be coming over to the KERMIT side.

:lol:

So I think my problem with the mint concealor was how I applied it last time. I used an old BE eyeshadow brush which created my two problems: too much on in too wide an area. I tried again today with the little lip brush from EM...it's a very small brush...looked way to small (to me) for a lip brush, but it works really well on me for my small red spots. So that's what I did...a small amount on that tiny brush just on the red parts and it worked REALLY well.

Today's new tries...the kermit concealor and the black eyeliner. I LOVE this eyeliner. I've used the BE version for years now, but the black could be really black sometimes...this was absolutely PERFECT. For some reason it wasn't too dark. I used Good China as an all over color, then Shopping Spree as a smokey touch near the lashes and up into the crease. Looked very good.

Hey, did you guys see the latest news on the EM site? They're going to offer trial sizes of everything :D and they're working on an eye kabuki brush AND they are coming out with more concealers :D :D

Oh, and my order left Texas today. Woohoooo....the tracking frenzy continues :lol:

OMGosh, I kept thinking there was a reason why I wanted to go over there but never made it...must go look at this exciting news!!! I'm so happy they will offer trial sizes for everything...that is absolutely fantastic.

:ph34r: I forgot to check my tracking info yesterday...don't kick me out of the cult...I promise to spend 30 minutes clicking on it to see if it changes, just to make up for it. :P

OMGOSH FORUMS!!!!! Egads! :lol:

I experimented a bit with the everyday bronzer, but I obviously have a lot to learn about how to apply that. I had dark blotches in some places. I think I will like it once I figure out how to get it on evenly.

Yeah, I have a hard time with bronzers, lol. I don't think I'm heavy handed, but somehow with bronzers, that side of me comes out. I have the BE warmth and the only way I can get it to look decent is to put only a tiny bit of the minerals and use a gianormous kabuki brush to swirl in it. :P

I really like that case Donna. I'm sure when I get my next order in my makeup will outgrow the little 3 drawer thing it's in now. I couldn't tell if there was a place for brushes in the top compartments? Did some of the smaller sizes fit in the top?

Yes, I have my smaller brushes in a compartment on the top tray (and my larger brushes are in the bottom of the tote). I have my lip pencils in another compartment there, and I have my foundations in the other compartment. My concealors are in with the lip pencils, more because I want to keep them separate from the foundations so I don't pick up the wrong one, lol.

The second tray has 5 compartments....two of them are kind of narrow, but are exactly the right size for the mini eyeshadow containers turned on their side...I can fit 7 in each one (so 14 minis on their sides). Two more of the compartments are about the right size for full sized eyeshadow containers flat...can fit about 3 (maybe 4) in each of those, although I only have 3 full sized eyeshadows, so I've go my mascara in the other compartment. Then there is a larger compartment which I have my blushes in...still plenty more room in there, lol.

The bottom of the tote doesn't have any compartments, but it's perfect for my large and weird size brushes, eye lash curler, etc.

I know when i got married my cousin put my makeup on that use to do makeup for people up in california and seh put blue on me, she said it was teh right color for me, and omg i hated it. I like browns and purples and pinks, cant wait to try the smokey eye like donna. I just want my makeup, i think im going to order some eyeshadows and lip color today, i know i wont be happy with just foundation and blush lol

Yeah, I've never like blue (at least not in my recent life, lol) eyeshadow, but I'm trying some of the darker blues...can't wait to get them, lol.

Donna, you are the Queen of makeup organization :lol::lol:

I have to be organized...it's WAY to easy for me to pick up the wrong container and in my fogginess put something weird where it shouldn't go, lol. That was my only complaint with my last tote...Loved it except that it didn't have enough compartments so I could separate my blushes from my foundations, etc.

I have a brush for every application. :ph34r: I have two brushes for eyeshadows...one is strictly for lighter shades, the other one is from BE and has two ends...one is kind of a pointed one which I use for the smokiness around the lash line and into the crease and the other side is a regular eyeshadow brush which I use for all my other colors. I have a brush for only blush (okay, actually two or three for blush only, lol), only foundation (okay, actually TWO, lol), only concealor (at least NOW I do, lol), and when I get my finishing dust...I have a brush for just that. :ph34r: I swipe all my brushes back and forth on my toilet paper roll a few times before putting them in my tote.

As far as formulations go...I think I may be the odd one out here...my face is too oily most of the time, so I'm trying the matte. I don't notice it dries my face out more than the others, but it definitely doesn't shine. I was finding that the semi-matte was too shiney for me. I'm getting the finishing dust though, so that may help in that regard.

Love the video clip idea!

Me too.

:lol::lol: Donna

Glad you figured out the mint concealer and welcome to the Kermit side!

Yes forums, EGADS. I have been spending time over there looking at everyone's artistic work on their faces :D

I love BE Warmth!! It worked really well for me so I am interested in creating that look with EM, I am thinking a similar blush color or a bronzer possibly???

OMGosh I just read they were discontinuing the Finishing Dusts :o Did I read that wrong........