This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Candida Diet

confused

Green12 Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

I'm jumping in kind of late in this thread :D . so this is probably redundant.

I have had lots of experience following an anti-candida way of eating over a several year period, and it is so true there is so much conflicting info about what is safe to eat and what is not :wacko:

I'm not doing a candida diet per se, but I want to get sugar out of my diet (and casein), and basically it's the same kind of eating plan, so I figured I could join in :lol:

I basically eat scrambled eggs and veggies for breakfast (on weekends I might add in a little gluten-free turkey bacon or sausage), turkey or chicken salads or lettuce wraps with avocado and baby carrots for lunch, and beef, turkey, or chicken for dinner with lots of veggies like broccoli, broccolini, asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash (when it's available), green beans, and more carrots.

At dinner I usually have a starch serving because I just get too fatigued otherwise. I'll have one small red skinned potato (the least starchy potato), 1/2 c brown rice or other gluten-free grain like millet, wild rice, a half of a winter squash, 1/3 c green peas, etc.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flor Apprentice

Hey everyone,

I'm feeling much better too. The bad moods and the nausea have passed and the gas and bloating are gone, and things seems to be moving, neither "D" nor "C" for the first time in I can't remember when.

I got activated charcoal at the drug store yesterday and have had two rounds of it. I do think it helps!

I cheated last night and had some wine and sushi. The wine definitely inflamed my skin yeast and something in the sushi had my heart racing until the middle of the night -- that's never happened to me before.

So, I'm back to the rules today. But feel really good this morning, no lasting effects of last night's cheating.

This is all very hopeful!

While I lay in bed awake with my heart racing I marveled that my stomach didn't feel sour and icky and that my hip joints didn't hurt at all. It's been years!

Green12 Enthusiast

Hi catesfolly,

Good news you are feeling better with the lessening of your symptoms, glad you gave the charcoal a try and that it made a difference for you!

confused Community Regular
Paula, that is GREAT news!!!! Glad to hear you are feeling better! I am doing well, but had a rough week. Couldn't resist the coffee at work this week for some reason, and in the coffee put some of those flavored creamers. That's bad on so many levels it isn't funny. :P

Have to have the little creamers if u are going to drink coffee. Even tho i dont drink coffee anymore, i drank way to much in college, then one yr for lent i gave it up and never looked back. I havent drank anything with caffeine in yrs tho, thank goodness cause if i still drank it im not sure i would be doing so well with this the candida diet lol.

I am doing so much better, today i was at the kids hockey game, and i had 2 people come up to me and asked me what was different with me, they said i looked so much better then last time they seen me and just had a different attitude today. I havent seen these 2 ladies since last saturday. It was so nice to hear that, at first i just told them its cause i fixed my hair and dressed nicely, but they said no it was in my eyes that they notice more life to me.

paula

dlp252 Apprentice
I'm feeling much better too. The bad moods and the nausea have passed and the gas and bloating are gone, and things seems to be moving, neither "D" nor "C" for the first time in I can't remember when.

Fantastic!!!! This is great news!

aprilh Apprentice

Paula & Catesfolly,

That is such great news! I am so excited to hear!

Catesfolly,

Wonder what was in the sushi that had your heart racing. I once had a reaction to fish that got my heart racing - I believe it was from metals in the fish. My hubby has a friend was a seafood broker. He would give us TONS of free fish. The drawback is that it is from Thailand. This is known to have very toxic waters. Anyway, he cooked some for us one night and my daughter and I both had reactions. I will never eat his fish again! In fact, I took the whole freezer (stand up freezer) full down to the local food bank. My hubby was upset :angry:

Julie,

Welcome to the thread. Sounds like you are already pretty much on the diet!

April

thanks april, i woke up feeling great again today, im even going to go take a walk/run in a little while, i think the fresh air will be great, or maybe ill go ice skate. decisions, decisions lol

julie,

welcome over here. You havent posted anywhere how your appt with the speicalist went yesterday, ive been dying to hear about it.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

aprilh Apprentice

YAY Paula! that is awesome! :D:D Glad its helping you!

I did something so stupid yesterday, I was feeling so good and i was watching football and felt the need to have an drink, i know one website said vodka and grapefruit juice was ok, so i made a small drink. Well today i woke up so sick and nasuated and achy. I am just so mad at myself, i guess I now know i need to stay away from everything lol. How long will i feel like this, its almost worse then being glutened, ok not that bad, but close.paula

aprilh Apprentice

Paula,

I have read that vodka was okay as well, but some other sites I frequent say NO because of the mycotoxins that alcohol produces in processing. I don't know enough to repeat it, but basically, alcohol is a fermented product and basically has mycotoxins and is hard on the liver.

I wish I could find the info. If I do, I will post.

Maybe some activated charcoal and sweating will help it purge out faster? And garlic to help kill off any yeast it may have fed.

Paula,

I have read that vodka was okay as well, but some other sites I frequent say NO because of the mycotoxins that alcohol produces in processing. I don't know enough to repeat it, but basically, alcohol is a fermented product and basically has mycotoxins and is hard on the liver.

I wish I could find the info. If I do, I will post.

Maybe some activated charcoal and sweating will help it purge out faster? And garlic to help kill off any yeast it may have fed.

Do you think maybe cause it was potato vodka, and it had too much starch.

Or do u think maybe im sick cause i had stew last night and put beef broth in it that had garlic and put some potatoes in it, im thinking i just way overdid my body yesterday.

I had to go pick up my youngest from school and i was so afraid i was not going to make it.

Do you think i should have more then one lemon water today to help my liver and take an long epson bathe? My charcoal isnt in yet, well i dont think, maybe i will call them now and see.

paula

aprilh Apprentice
Do you think maybe cause it was potato vodka, and it had too much starch.

Or do u think maybe im sick cause i had stew last night and put beef broth in it that had garlic and put some potatoes in it, im thinking i just way overdid my body yesterday.

I had to go pick up my youngest from school and i was so afraid i was not going to make it.

Do you think i should have more then one lemon water today to help my liver and take an long epson bathe? My charcoal isnt in yet, well i dont think, maybe i will call them now and see.

paula

I think the potatoes in the stew along with the alcohol probably was just too much too soon.

I would drink more lemon water and take an epsom bath. Anything to help take stress off the liver is helpful.

Did you feel tired, groggy, and weak? What were your symptoms?

I felt weak and nasuated, almost like when u are pg with morning sickness. My arms hurt some and now my stomach hurts (but more like an "C" pain). Ive been laying in bed most of the day. So its hard to tell if it is potatoe overload or a small herx from the garlic.

paula

April,

How often do u do dry skin brushing. I see u talk about it on different threads and i keep forgetting to ask, so i had to before i forgot again.

paula

aprilh Apprentice

When I was feeling particularly bad, I did it twice a day. I now do it before showering. That reminds me, I could bumpt that up a bit - its not like i am feeling great or anything. :o

When I was feeling particularly bad, I did it twice a day. I now do it before showering. That reminds me, I could bumpt that up a bit - its not like i am feeling great or anything. :o

Ok thank you, what kind of brush do you use. Im feeling better today, so maybe it was just an bug. But im not going to chance any vodka or garlic anytime soon lol

paula

aprilh Apprentice

Its one of those soft bristle brushes. They are in the health food store and even in Walgreens or Walmart. They are near the loofah's and other bath type stuff.

I got the big one so I could cover more skin at one time.

Glad you are feeling better now!

Ok i will look for one today when i go to walgreens.

I am so happy i have made the 2 week mark on the candida diet and i feel awesome, im sleeping better, im looking better and i have more energy.

Now i just need my back to heal from pulling out my shoulder blade yesterday and i will be so happy lol.

How is everyone else doing?

paula

I figured out somethng today, if i make scrambled eggs with olive oil i dont get shakey, but if i have boiled eggs i get all shakey, so it just proves i need some kind of fat.

What does everyone do for snacks

there is only so many days i can have apples with almond butter lol

paula

aprilh Apprentice

Great observation Paula. Can you do almonds or sunflower seeds? And maybe a 1/2 grapefruit with xylitol sprinkled on top? You know what is really good and you might like is avacado with your eggs. I sometimes make a frittata with eggs, spinach, garlic, onions - whatever and then when you go to eat slice some avacado with it. that will help give you the good fat you need, too.

Hey - how is your shoulder blade? How did you do that?

dlp252 Apprentice

Snacks are hard for me...I usually end up eating things that aren't the best for me like nuts and nut butters (mostly because of the mold issue though). I also eat hard boiled eggs, which I sometimes make into egg salad (but then there's the mayo which I shouldn't have, lol).

moldlady Rookie

Hi Everyone!

Snacks are something I desperately try not to do.

If I'm really going crazy in the evening, I will have a grapefruit and that seems to fill up and satisfy until the next morning. It is a tough call but I believe that our stomachs need a rest after digesting. I try to wait 5 hours between two big meals.

For those of you that are going crazy, someone mentioned granny smith apples and some kind of nut butter (other than peanut butter).

I've found that one can actually train the body not to crave between meals and in the evenings. It takes time and much effort but the body can be put under control. It is a great way to sleep better and feel refreshed in the a.m. and HUNGRY for breakfast!

:) moldlady

Green12 Enthusiast
Snacks are hard for me...

Snacks are hard for me too, since there aren't a lot of options to go around on my limited diet.

I would like to eat 5 small meals a day for blood sugar issues and just to keep the metabolism functioning at an optimal level, but that isn't working out for me at the moment with all that I have left to choose from after I have had to cut so many things out.

Protein is my biggest challenge, since currently I am not tolerating nuts or legumes.

aprilh Apprentice
Hi Everyone!

Snacks are something I desperately try not to do.

If I'm really going crazy in the evening, I will have a grapefruit and that seems to fill up and satisfy until the next morning. It is a tough call but I believe that our stomachs need a rest after digesting. I try to wait 5 hours between two big meals.

For those of you that are going crazy, someone mentioned granny smith apples and some kind of nut butter (other than peanut butter).

I've found that one can actually train the body not to crave between meals and in the evenings. It takes time and much effort but the body can be put under control. It is a great way to sleep better and feel refreshed in the a.m. and HUNGRY for breakfast!

:) moldlady

Hey Moldlady! Its April (hamola from YC)!

Glad to see you here!

April

Snacks are hard for me too, since there aren't a lot of options to go around on my limited diet.

I would like to eat 5 small meals a day for blood sugar issues and just to keep the metabolism functioning at an optimal level, but that isn't working out for me at the moment with all that I have left to choose from after I have had to cut so many things out.

Protein is my biggest challenge, since currently I am not tolerating nuts or legumes.

Im with you i would like to eat 5 small meals an day to, that is why im thinking about going back to the 6wbm diet, the only thing is u need an carb with each meal, and i am only allowed one potatoe an day, i guess i could cut it into 5 pieces lol.

paula

Archived