Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

palsco

Stop Smoking

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We need a gluten free product to help me stop smoking. Anyone know of one?

After smoking for nearly 40 years I found one! :rolleyes: It's called wanting to quit badly enough :P or my other thing was going to a support group with others that wanted to quit. After realizing that cigarettes were controlling my life I quit cold turkey YOU can do it too It's all a matter of determination.

Good Luck is not what YOU need! Determination is the key!!! B)

Mine is called pneumonia, with which I have been suffering for a week. Nothing like a preview of what serious lung disease feels like to make you quit without any hemming, hawing or BS rationalizations. I am a week smoke-free and lucky to have been sick enough not to want one and do the mental quit while I have no cravings.

Cold turkey is the only thing that has ever worked for me. The gum/patch/drug methods are all transference/distraction devices.

I used Lame Advertisement very successfully. I smoked for over 30 years and have not had a cigarette in six months with no desire.

I have heard in the news that Lame Advertisement does have some added warnings regarding preexisting depression.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

After a couple of tries and relapses, I quit for good in April of 1990, cold turkey. A very difficult week, but a very satisifying outcome.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Buy yourself something you have always wanted, and once you get it, you can never smoke again.

I bought myself a car, and while that might be extreme, and the first two weeks were painful, it worked.

gluten-free since 12/02/05

diagnosed by biopsy

inconclusive blood work

100% dietary response