Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jayhawkmom

If You've Had Enterolab Gene Testing.....

did you have to wait a full three weeks for your results, seriously?

It's now been 2 weeks since they received my DNA. Gosh, I really can't stand waiting for testing results. Regardless of what the tests are for.

SO, I'm just trying to get a general idea on how long it "really" takes.

Thanks!

Jayhawkmom -

Mom of three....

Jay - 11

Bean - 8

Ian - 3

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It mostly takes 2 weeks and 2 days, i have used them twice and for me it was 2.1 and my ss was 2.2. weeks, but we did the whole test. I just sent my package in again to retest my malabsorption and im already going crazy and they just got it yesterday lol.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Join eNewsletter

Mine was 1 day shy of the 3 week mark. When they say 3 weeks, I think they mean it!

Shellfish free since 1980

Milk free (all forms) since 1991

Feingold in 2003

First gluten-free round 2007

Now entering full time Gluten free, egg free, almond/peanut free

Join eNewsletter

Close to three weeks for me too.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

I maybe not the "right" place to be posting this, but I am considering the Enterolab testing. I have been gluten-free for about 6 weeks and I am starting to feel much better, but my family is a bit skeptical without diagnosis. Enterolab tests intolerances not celiacs correct? Do you recommend the complete panel---is the genetic test of importantance? Im thinking if I have something to back this up, they may be more supportive down the line.

Thanks for any help and direction!

Join eNewsletter

Bummer. I was really hoping I would not have to wait... another whole week. Looks like I probably will though, according to the general consensus.

Amyb - I've already had the blood tests and biopsy. I already know that I'm gluten intolerant... I just want to know whether or not I have the genes. And, if so... it'll help me (hopefully) to convince some of my family members to be tested as well. My 6 year old has Celiac, so.... I'm almost HOPING I have the genes, that way... we'll know why she has it.

In any event, Enterolab tests for the GENES for sensitivity and Celiac. The genetic test is not a diagnostic test by any means. The other tests can tell you whether or not you are dealing with nutrient absorption issues and whether or not you are producing the antibodies, but the tests can't diagnose Celiac.

Jayhawkmom -

Mom of three....

Jay - 11

Bean - 8

Ian - 3

Join eNewsletter

On the 21st day, I emailed them and lo and behold, my results showed up that day. I'm not a very patient person when it comes to waiting for test results, and it KILLED me to wait so long! Good luck!

• Gluten-free since 6/12/07
  • Positive Blood Test
  • Sjogren's Syndrome
  • DH
  • HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,8) DQ2 and DQ8

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter