Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

helenabbadi

Starbucks Bottled Frappuccino Gluten Free?

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm pretty sure they are gluten-free, but they're really sweet!!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

Yep, they are gluten free and they are sooo good. Not as good as the ones you get actually at Starbucks though

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Join eNewsletter

Yep, they are gluten free and they are sooo good. Not as good as the ones you get actually at Starbucks though

Have you investigated what is gluten free at Starbucks?? :) flavored coffees etc.

Sandra

two children with Celiac disease, ages 13 and 17. Celiac diagnosis

through blood tests and biopsies.

gluten free (or at least trying) Nov. 2006

Join eNewsletter

Have you investigated what is gluten free at Starbucks?? :) flavored coffees etc.

All of their hot drinks are OK--the syrups are all gluten-free. Most of the frappaccino's are too, but there's 1 or 2 that aren't so you have to worry about cc. We just stick with the hot and iced drinks and leave the blended alone.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

All of their hot drinks are OK--the syrups are all gluten-free. Most of the frappaccino's are too, but there's 1 or 2 that aren't so you have to worry about cc. We just stick with the hot and iced drinks and leave the blended alone.

thanks

Sandra

Join eNewsletter

Can you tell me which ones are not gluten-free? My daughter loves the mocha frappaccino's, but they are blended!

Sandra

Join eNewsletter

I posted this in Feb 08:

I just talked to 'Dave' in customer services at Starbucks (1-800-23LATTE) and he said that the only gluten containing items they have (besides the bakery/food items) are the frappaccino's--vanilla bean and chocolate chip, the malted frapp. isn't carried anymore and the egg nog they use during the holidays has trace amounts of gluten. Otherwise, all of the syrups ARE gluten-free, specifically the mocha syrup.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

Join eNewsletter

I posted this in Feb 08:

I just talked to 'Dave' in customer services at Starbucks (1-800-23LATTE) and he said that the only gluten containing items they have (besides the bakery/food items) are the frappaccino's--vanilla bean and chocolate chip, the malted frapp. isn't carried anymore and the egg nog they use during the holidays has trace amounts of gluten. Otherwise, all of the syrups ARE gluten-free, specifically the mocha syrup.

Thanks, I am new to the forum and did not see what you had posted before! Very helpful!

Sandra

Join eNewsletter

Thanks, I am new to the forum and did not see what you had posted before! Very helpful!

Never a problem!!! I'm here to help, everyone here has helped me so much, so whatever i can do, I'm there!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

Join eNewsletter

I posted this in Feb 08:

Thank you! I just had a choc. chip frappuccino today and got so sick with it. Now I know for sure it was the gluten. I shall stay away from those three from now on.

Join eNewsletter

On 3/3/2008 at 1:28 PM, helenabbadi said:

Does anyone know if the starbucks bottled frappuccinos you buy at the grocery store are gluten free? And what flavors might be gluten free?

Thanks.

They are not.  They are not produced with gluten ingredients, but they are manufactured using shared equipment in a factory that has gluten.  I just went through a week of getting extremely sick and the only thing I had different was one small bottled Vanilla Frappuccino a day. I went off other posts on here and thought they were okay.  I couldn't understand what was making me so violently I'll, and it was the only thing that was different.  I went to the manufacturer's website, and it states on there that it is not guaranteed to be allergen free, such as wheat, due to shared equipment.  I stopped drinking the Frappuccinos, and took a Benadryl.  Slowly my symptoms have been subsiding.  Yes, I am that sensitive. 

Join eNewsletter

5 minutes ago, MombieD said:

They are not.  They are not produced with gluten ingredients, but they are manufactured using shared equipment in a factory that has gluten.  I just went through a week of getting extremely sick and the only thing I had different was one small bottled Vanilla Frappuccino a day. I went off other posts on here and thought they were okay.  I couldn't understand what was making me so violently I'll, and it was the only thing that was different.  I went to the manufacturer's website, and it states on there that it is not guaranteed to be allergen free, such as wheat, due to shared equipment.  I stopped drinking the Frappuccinos, and took a Benadryl.  Slowly my symptoms have been subsiding.  Yes, I am that sensitive. 

The info on this thread is 8 years old.  So people should always check for more up to date info before eating something. 

Join eNewsletter

I had also found that information in other sites as well.  Even PepsiCo, who actually makes these, says they are made without gluten ingredients.  I just missed the small print until I did further digging, and this is the first thing that pops on a search.  I have to go to work at 5 a.m. in the morning, and the bottled frappuccinos were an easy way for me to get my coffee fix without making noise and disturbing my family in the morning.  I work 10 hour shifts with an hour drive there and back, and there isn't a gas station anywhere close.  So, for me this was a great thing to have.  But I am not only allergic to gluten, I have several food allergies.  Which is extremely frustrating.

Join eNewsletter

Hello, OK, I read the thread from 2008, however, it's now 2020!

Reading the info from Starbucks, it says gluten-free.

Now reading your info, it says, Not so! Can you please provide updated info concerning Starbucks bottled cold coffee?

I would greatly appreciate it!

Join eNewsletter