Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tom

New Genetic Celiac Research

I found this very interesting.

We already knew that DQ2/DQ8 weren't the whole story.

Progress IS being made. :)

http://www.physorg.com/news123687043.html

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Interesting article. . . thanks for sharing . . .

And I can see what a serious poster you are because you don't having a silly av like me.

:lol::lol::lol:

Everyone but the newbies knows better, Tom!!!!

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

Join eNewsletter

Hi,

I read this yesterday! Thanks for putting it up for others. It brings out the science geek in me!

gluten . . . Kiss my grits!

pork and beef free- 1994

wheat free or wheat light- 2003

gluten free- January 2008

Join eNewsletter

Great stuff, Ptaum....particularly for me, as I've been waiting and waiting for the documented connection between celiac and type one diabetes. So there it is--now I can copy this off for my endocrinologist to get him, finally, on board with the "lots of diabetics have celiac...not just a coincidence" school. :)

....Silly av proudly intact....

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

Join eNewsletter

Thank you for posting this!

My dad has been in the hospital for the past 8 days, and they cannot figure out what is 'wrong.'

I have been squawking at the man for MONTH to get tested (he had an unknown rash that 6 different creams didn't help) and I said "just get your skin biopsied!"

I hope this will push my mom over the edge and help advocate for some dietary changes.

Thanks again.

Join eNewsletter

Great stuff, Ptaum....particularly for me, as I've been waiting and waiting for the documented connection between celiac and type one diabetes. So there it is--now I can copy this off for my endocrinologist to get him, finally, on board with the "lots of diabetics have celiac...not just a coincidence" school. :)

Ack!!!! I'd meant to mention this to YOU specifically, tho I'd actually expected there to be nothing new to you here.

So glad you saw it!

....Silly av proudly intact....

:lol: :lol: You, ma'am, are too much!! Spillin' silly on non-silly threads :lol: :lol:

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter