Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cruelshoes

A.m.a.z.o.n. Subscribe And Save

Do any of you use A.M.A.Z.O.N. subscribe and save? Basically, you choose what you want to buy from the list that they have, and you schedule how often you want to receive it (monthly, every 2 months etc.). They give you a 15% discount, and if you need something sooner you can push up the delivery. You can even cancel a delivery.

While my son was CF, we started using the Pamela's bread mix. The kids and DH love it so much we want to stay with it. Since I bake 2 loaves a week, I need to get the price down as low as possible. With Subscribe and Save, it would be about $3.25 each.

Have you used Subscribe and Save? How do you like it? Thanks for any responses.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was trying to set the subscription up, but I was having problems with that.

Even without the added 15% savings, the gluten free items I ordered were a better deal than going to the health food store.

An added benefit I found was goodsearch .com / goodshop .com . You can donate a % of your sale to benefit a registered charity.

Michigan

Join eNewsletter

I bet it helps save gas since that is getting higher each day, it will cut down on trips to the health store which for some members are not close to home.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Amazon also has a program where you get free shipping always and VERY cheap two day shipping for like $79 a year. I buy EVERYTHING from Amazon cuz of this. I think their prices are very competitive and I don't ever have to leave the comfort of my home. BIG plus with two kids. :) I love Amazon!

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Join eNewsletter

I have used subscribe & save on a couple of items. It is very easy to use, and easy to unsubscribe an item. I was actually surprise at how easy they made it to unsubscribe.

Guhlia is right, Amazon Prime is a great program. I buy almost everything on Amazon now.

You may want to check out http://www.product-place.net you can search Amazon just for items that qualify for free shipping or Prime items.

Plus they just added a search where you can search the Subscribe & Save stuff. I did a search for "gluten free" in Grocery, and several of my favorites came up! {Even Pamela's bread mix came up}

Join eNewsletter

Humm, I'm going to have to check this out!! I could sure use a bigger discount on Glutino pretzels!! Carleigh is going through almost a bag every week now.

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Join eNewsletter

I love it. I use it for a lot of food items. It is so easy and the price is great. I live in a very rural area with very few options, this has been a life saver for me

Positive Bloodwork January 2007

Positive Biopsy Feb. 2007

Gluten Free since January 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter