Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i miss my granola in my yogurt. do they have gluten free granola?

i am confused. gluten sensitive or celiacs cant have oats can they? the yummy part of the granola?

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I found this product in a local healthfood store and it satisfied my granola craving.

http://www.lydiasorganics.com/product_list.html

Bakey on Main is another granola type cereal that some use. I personally don't care for the Enjoy Life brand "granola".

http://www.bakeryonmain.com/wheat_gluten_free.html

When you have healed enough and are ready to try certified gluten-free oats, you can make your own granola. It is very easy.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

thanks so much

how do i know when i am 'healed?'

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Join eNewsletter

I was trying to find a link to something that could explain it clearly without getting too long but couldn't find what I was looking for at the moment. There are some articles on this site(celiac.com). The short answer is that some with celiac disease still react to oats, even uncontaminated ones, so it is recommended that you wait until you have healed enough, are free of symptoms, have blood tests return to normal, something like that. Sorry I can't be more clear. I waited until I had been gluten-free a year. They recommend that you introduce them slowly and in small amounts to see if you react. Some react because of a component of the oats that is similar to gluten.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

I was trying to find a link to something that could explain it clearly without getting too long but couldn't find what I was looking for at the moment. There are some articles on this site(celiac.com). The short answer is that some with celiac disease still react to oats, even uncontaminated ones, so it is recommended that you wait until you have healed enough, are free of symptoms, have blood tests return to normal, something like that. Sorry I can't be more clear. I waited until I had been gluten-free a year. They recommend that you introduce them slowly and in small amounts to see if you react. Some react because of a component of the oats that is similar to gluten.

Trader Joe's (if you don't have a store near you, I think you can get it online) has really yummy granola-- 2 flavors too!

Join eNewsletter

I just discovered the Bakery on Main granola and absolutely love it. It tastes just like regular granola. I tried several others before this and didn't like any of them.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Join eNewsletter

I just discovered the Bakery on Main granola and absolutely love it. It tastes just like regular granola. I tried several others before this and didn't like any of them.

I love Bakery on Main--tastes like "regular" granola to me. :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter