Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthernElf

Hershey Eggies - Safe Or Not ?

:angry: Ok, I'm thinking not.

My week has been spent with painful D and stomach cramps and a bit of my usual sinus pain - lots of fatigue, mostly because I don't think I'm getting much nutrition from what I ate this week !

The only culprit I can think of is the huge bag of Hershey Eggies that I've been nibbling on. :P Yep, the kids candy. It was such a big bag that I didn't even hide it all for last Sunday morning, ugh, leaving even more to nibble.

I thought it might be a flu at first, then I thought about dairy allergy/issues but I just took the kids out to Dairy Queens for sundaes a couple of hours ago and I feel fine. I know Hersheys is supposed to disclose all in their ingredients but I'm 99.9% sure that's what it was.

Anyone ?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hershey's policy of gluten disclosure has come into question lately. They have been giving equivocal answers to questions, and are sometimes saying that they don't know whether their products contain gluten. This might just be a CYA strategy, but a number of members here no longer trust their ingredient lists and no longer consume Hershey products.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

I have been eating a plethora of Hershey's candies this week, and I can tell you I have been having a mild reaction to one (or more) of them. To me, that means some diarrhea and cramps, a little heartburn. No severe heartburn or vomitting.

I really have no way of knowing which candy I'm reacting to :ph34r: but I'm convinced it was Hershey something.

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Join eNewsletter

From what I understand it may all be cc issues depending on the size of the item. Example... Resses PB Cups, are made in the Reeces Factory in Hershey, but only the regular cups. That plant makes only the cups and reeces pieces. The smaller sesonal pb cups are made in other plants that are used for other non gluten-free products. I only trust full size PB cups made in the Reeces Plant in Hershey...which by the way is down the road from my work, and across the street from blueeyedmanda's!

I love working in Hershey!

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

Dx'd Lymphocytic Colitis 6/16/08