Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dolcenotte

Here Is What I Like So Far From Trader Joe's!

I absolutely love the gluten free granola -tropical forest. I had it with faje greek yogurt which is completely natural.

The tortilla chips with an Identity Crisis were delish!

The bean and cheese taquitos were on the list and were scrumptious.

I noticed that if you wacked someone in the head with the The Food For Life loaf of bread, they would end up in the hospital! It weighed over 2 lbs i think and hard as a rock! The quinoa bread seemed a bit lighter, but still not so appealing. That was disappointing. I didn't see a good selection of bread, nor did I see any english muffins or crackers. Do they carry that at TJ's?

What else is good because I browsed and I think you really have to dig to find the items on the list and things of interest.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I really like the Basmati and Wild Rice Blend. It has no seasoning, just dried veggies. It's great in porcupine meatballs, chicken rice dishes and stuffed peppers.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Our TJ staples:

The new gluten-free brownie mix- Best mix I've ever had- It's dairy-free too!

gluten-free/CF waffles (better than Vans)

gluten-free/CF pancakes

Chicken tacquitos

Eggplant Parmesan

Frozen peanut butter cookies

All beef, no gluten, no nitrates/nitrites hot dogs

gluten-free Ginger snaps

~Laura

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

Join eNewsletter

You can't beat their prices on nuts. I think I paid something like $2.99/lb the last time I bought cashews. Their price on almond meal is great too. I also get Lara bars and Cliff Nectar bars there. Their rice pasta is cheap - $1.99/lb, and they have spaghetti, fusili and ziti. Their banana waffles in the freezer section are nummy. They have envirokids cereal and rice bars there at great prices. THe gluten-free brownie mix and gluten-free granola are fantastic. Their brown rice tortillas make a great wrap after you nuke them for 30 seconds or so.

Other people have told me that they like their rice bread, but I think it is horrid, and it goes all moldy the day you buy it. Our store doesn't have the rolls and bagels that O've heard about in other stores.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter