Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cynth

The Best Completely gluten-free Restaurant In Va

If you are EVER in the Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Radford, Roanoke or New River Valley area in VA you HAVE to try The Bank in Pearisburg, VA. The owner/head chef was once the head chef of the Venitian and his wife a baker at the Venitian. She is a celiac and most of the main courses are gluten free and AMAZING. The menu doesn't make any claims to be Gluten-Free but they are in the works of changing that. Be prepared to "break the bank" but it is worth every penny and MORE! The server's are also extremely knowledgable about Celiacs, don't miss out on this diamond in the rough!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

How funny, out in the middle of nowhere there . . . maybe if my other allergies ever clear up, my husband and i will drive 2 hours to go out to eat :P

actually, i just checked out their website, http://www.thebankfoodanddrink.com/menu.html and it doesnt say anything about being gluten free - theres a section of pastas and a section of pastries. You arent telling me all that is gluten free, are you? Or is it just the main courses that are gluten-free?

Cara - 42, mom to dd 15, ds 12, ds 4

Off gluten and dairy (and tapioca ;-( ) since 11/07

A.L.C.A.T. test showed over 50 sensitive foods

Celiac panel came back negative.

Regular allergy testing reacted to every inhalant and all but 6 foods.

Slowly adding in foods, started w 19 and now have 25

How funny, out in the middle of nowhere there . . . maybe if my other allergies ever clear up, my husband and i will drive 2 hours to go out to eat :P

actually, i just checked out their website, http://www.thebankfoodanddrink.com/menu.html and it doesnt say anything about being gluten free - theres a section of pastas and a section of pastries. You arent telling me all that is gluten free, are you? Or is it just the main courses that are gluten-free?

Please note I modified my originaly blog. The menu doesn't say anything about gluten-free foods but they are in the works of changing that. One phone call to the place will assure you that mostly everything (except of course the pasta's and the crab cake & some deserts) are gluten free.