Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frec

Candida Diet

I have a Candida infection. I am taking Candaclear (garlic) and probiotics. My naturopath said NO SUGAR and dashed off. I have read lots about the diet on the web but it varies, and besides, I've kind of lost my positive attitude over this. I am already gfsfdf. I also don't eat potatoes, corn, sesame, citrus, coffee. I gave up carbonation and caffeine (except for dark chocolate). I don't tolerate cruciferous vegetables well. I don't drink. Now--as far as I can tell--I am supposed to give up all fruit. Oh, and possibly everything that might be moldy like peanut butter or vinegar. Oh, and carrots have too much sugar, and maybe peas do too. Am I supposed to stop eating complex carbohydrates as well? Could I have brown rice? So what is left--eggs, a few vegetables, nuts, beans, and meat? How carried away do I have to get over this? My doctor is a great guy, but I need advice from realists who have really tried this. The celiac diet was very clear--no gluten ever again--but this seems so undefined.

diagnosed with celiac disease in 2002--all test numbers off the charts

dairy free since 2000, soy free since 2007

other food intolerances: citrus, sesame, potatoes, corn, coffee

fibromyalgia, osteoporosis

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

In my experience, it didn't take abstaining from complex carbs. I just avoided sugars, yeasts, vinegars, and fruits, and I took caprylic acid capsules. The garlic and probiotics should help too. I doubt carrots and peas are going to mess up your efforts. I think the extremes you go through depend on how bad the infection is, how strong your system is, etc.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Hi- I have been on the specific carbohydrate diet for the past month. The purpose of this diet is to starve the candida to death. I only eat meat, fish, veggies, eggs, nuts, honey and one piece of fruit per day. NO GRAINS. Candida love complex carbs. My energy level is so much higher. I feel much better. This diet will heal the intestinal damage at a much quicker pace than the plain gluten free diet.

Good Luck

Brenda

Diagnosed with chronic fatigue, fibro, anemia, chronic constipation, low blood pressure, migraines, headaches, severe low sugar reactions and bipolar disorder. I was basically disabled.

March/08

AFAIK, honey will feed candida much more than carbs. It has always been my understanding that carbs only feed candida slowly, and the digestive system breaks them down into simple sugars. Yeasts don't thrive on complex carbs like they do sugars, but they can live on it.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

I just looked up the complex carb issue in relation to candida, and found the following:

Sugars Any forms of sugar are bad for you while on the candida free diet because yeast feed primarily on sugar. Avoid honey, maple syrup, and fruit juices. Make sure not to eat any dried fruits or foods with high-fructose corn syrup.

Good Foods Now that you know many of the foods that you should avoid, here are some foods that are good for you to eat. Your candida free diet should include plenty of fresh vegetables, beef, eggs, and turkey. Your diet should also consist of complex carbohydrates such as grains, whole grain oatmeal, and certain types of pasta. For beverages, you should drink spring or mineral water. You can also drink soy milk or unprocessed nut milks.

The candida free diet is a great way to get rid of a yeast infection. You should avoid foods that contain yeast such as alcohol, vinegar, breads, and pastries. Sugars and foods with mold should not be eaten either. Some of the good foods to eat include fresh vegetables, beef, and eggs. Also, make sure you get a fair amount of complex carbohydrates while on the candida free diet.

http://Spammers Use This To Link To Spam.com/?Candida-Free-Die...w&id=606137

http://www.thebody.com/content/treat/art1969.html

http://www.naturallifemagazine.com/9804/candida.htm

The book I have is called Breaking the Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gottschall. Everything is explained in much depth. All I know is that I was basically disabled until I started this diet. Candida symptoms have been greatly reduced. Just my experience.

Brenda

Diagnosed with chronic fatigue, fibro, anemia, chronic constipation, low blood pressure, migraines, headaches, severe low sugar reactions and bipolar disorder. I was basically disabled.

March/08