This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

This Is A Little Crazy What I Heard - Interesting

Shotzy1313

Shotzy1313 Apprentice

Hi All!

I hope everything is well with everyone.. I don

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ShayFL Enthusiast

Positive blood work = Celiac.

If you are not well and still eating gluten this is why. Biopsy can be so very inaccurate depending on where, how many and who interpreted the samples.

And if you are still sick, ask for a repeat biopsy. Maybe they will take the samples from an actually damaged area this time to confirm your already Celiac Dx based on blood.

The diet you are referring to also endorses something called "high meat". Look that up and see if you are still gung ho. :o

CarlaB Enthusiast

As someone who had a beef tapeworm, no way would I eat raw meat! I tended to like my steaks on the rare side .... never ate any questionable food .... we can all get tapeworms even if we have not been to third world countries. ;)

Shotzy1313 Apprentice
As someone who had a beef tapeworm, no way would I eat raw meat! I tended to like my steaks on the rare side .... never ate any questionable food .... we can all get tapeworms even if we have not been to third world countries. ;)

Ill look into the celiac thing... :(

But as for the diet... There is alot more too it... Lke i said, dont take anything I said too seriously. Im not providing the details. You cant just go to the store and get any meat and eat it raw. You would get sick lol. You have to get it from somewhere special or something... But im not guna provide any more details about this because I dont have my facts straight. I was wondering if anyone else knew anything :)

There has to be something right about it if all these people can do it and not get sick... lol

Also... if what you say is true about my celiac, switching diets might help me :o, Only reason I thought I had it was because of some dryness of skin I get under my eyes, and inability to gain weight. which I still have... Also I think anxiety is a symptom too isnt it? I have that, I hide it and dont really show it, but I feel it alot. :unsure:

curlyfries Contributor

Sorry to veer off your topic, but if you tested positive for celiac and are continuing to eat gluten, you are opening yourself up to any number of serious health issues down the road.

Shotzy1313 Apprentice
Sorry to veer off your topic, but if you tested positive for celiac and are continuing to eat gluten, you are opening yourself up to any number of serious health issues down the road.

I just dont seem to have all the serious symptoms that alot of people on here seem to have... If I have been eating it for a whole year, I would think it would get worst... Also the symptoms I do have could be caused by other things... Thats why this disease is so hard to classify.

I have a appointment to talk to my doctor on Monday to talk about a world of other things lol. You think I should bring this up again and see what she thinks? I remember her saying there are like 4 different types of blood work that can be done. 2 are more comonly done and of the 2, one is more acurate then the other. They did the 2 for me and it came up negative on the more accurate and positive on the other, also had a negative bioposy. So I guess there is a shade of grey in there because one came up positive...

Lisa Mentor

This is the blood panel that you should request (all of them):

Anti-gliadin antibodies (AGA) both IgA and IgG

Anti-endomysial antibodies (EMA) - IgA

Anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies (tTG) - IgA

Total IgA level

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

fedora Enthusiast

some people with celiac are asymptomatic. If they can have it so can you. You have a few symptoms.

Anxiety was a big symptom for me. It is so much better now. In fact I had an issue the other night(I was worried about going to the dentist to get a filling) and I chuckled thinking how even though I was up in the middle of the night worrying I was at least not waking up my husband to check his teeth. I would have done that before.

Shotzy1313 Apprentice

Well weather I have Celiac or not back to the topic :)

I just came across this tonight... There is a podcast on youtube about raw foods that has like 30 episodes or something. Im on episode 4 right now. Some of it is a little corney lol but they are giving recipies for all of these high protine snacks and stuff. And guess what... its all gluten free. This may be healthy tips for anyone on the gluten free diet. I havnt got real far but i figured i might as well post it...

Search Raw Food Episode 1...

With all my food allergies and possible celiac... Im thinking about switching... lol

shows a yummy looking trail mix - i wish it was so dorky lol

If your actually interested in the diet im talking about David Wolfe has alot of good points...

ShayFL Enthusiast

When I was working on my Phd for Holistic Nutrition, I tried many diets including a RAW FOOD diet. I only lasted 6 months doing it absolutely ANALLY and could barely hold myself up anymore. So sick. I was eating "sprouted" wheat and rye along with juicing wheat and barley grass. And some nasty drink called rejuvalac. I was being glutened the whole time. :(

Not to mention on a RAW DIET be prepared to spend the majority of your time "thinking about", "buying", "cleaning and preparing", "eating" and "cleaning up after" food. ALL day long. HUNGRY non-stop. You never feel satisfied and it is distracting to try to work or do other activities with a constant gnawing in your gut. I lost TOO much weight and started feeling faint. I was a stay at home Mom. I could have NEVER have held down a regular job with that diet.

I also tried VEGAN for a few years. Got sicker there too.

VEGETARIAN still did not help me.

What has helped is a balanced GLUTEN FREE diet with meats, veggies, fruits and nuts. Some raw and some cooked. I dont eat RAW meat or SUSHI. I dont want parasites.

gfp Enthusiast

Beef tapework is relatively harmless. Unlike some other types which can migrate out of the digestive tract beef tapeworms have never been found outside the GI tracts.

They are easily treated and cause minor complications...

I think people are more squeamish than anything yet our bodies contain millions of flora and fauna, some parasitic and some symbiotic.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Right, the beef tapeworm does not go out of the intestines. I saw seven feet of mine, so I know it was at least seven feet long. I lost 15 pounds in three months eating like a professional football player ... I'd often order two entree's in a restaurant.

I had a lot of muscle wasting from the weight loss. I felt very bad and saw tremendous improvement in my heath when I got rid of it. But, yes, I'm glad I didn't like rare pork! Those are much, much more dangerous and can travel to your brain.

When our immune systems are weak, our bodies cannot fight off the parasites that we are all exposed to on a daily basis.

samcarter Contributor

I wonder if you're thinking of the Weston A Price diet. There is a book called 'Nourishing Traditions", and I owned it at one time, but the recipes were too involved for me and I was not interested in seeking out a dairy farmer who would sell me raw, unpasteurized milk and making my own kefir, thank you. NT doesn't think highly of wheat either, but says most people can digest it if it's fermented--i.e., you mix up pancake batter and let it sit overnight. Unrefrigerated. Gack.

ShayFL Enthusiast

I know the advocates of this raw meat diet say it is the way our ancestors ate umpteen years ago. But anyway you slice it, we just live in a different world NOW. Sure if the earth was still pristine and unpolluted by chemicals and toxins, maybe I would catch fresh trout, fillet it, sprinkle with salt and enjoy. But it just isnt so. No matter how "organic" and how "fresh" and how "grass fed" and how "free range" EVERY animal (including us) is touched by microbes exacerbated by pollution and modern medicine (antibiotics).

And sure....most of the time the raw meat might be just fine. But once in awhile you will get a parasite. The ODDS are in FAVOR of it.

Years ago I briefly dated a guy that LOVED raw meat of ANY kind. Steak tar tar, sushi....he couldnt get enough of it. When I met him, he was a tall, healthy looking man. We only went out 3 or 4 times, but he had my email and phone number. About a year after the last time I saw him, I got an email from his Sister (who had sent one to everyone in his address book) with a note saying that he had passed away (at 32) from a "mysterious illness"........She said the doctors never figured out why he just wasted away. I dont know of course. But I always remember that and I have not touched Sushi since.

Shotzy1313 Apprentice

Thanks for all the unput... You all have made some really good pounts

DeerGirl Apprentice

Just to chime in here -- whether the meat is "good" (no steroids, no antibiotics) or not, you can still get sick from it with parasites.

Long before people started giving steroids and antibiotics to animals, animals still got parasites, viruses, bacteria and so forth. They've found dinosaur skeletons with proof of cancer & tumours. So while avoiding medicated animal meat, it doesn't guarantee you'll never get sick.

Archived