This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Glutino Frozen Pizza Crusts

LuvMoosic4life

LuvMoosic4life Collaborator

I swear everytime I make money, the first thing I spend it on is a new gluten-free product I havent tried! I havent ate pizza in over a year and have never tried gluten-free pizza yet so I bought the frozen glutino personal size crusts at the store today and some toppings, all of which were gluten-free- yay! but my second time trying cheese again in 5 months -eeek!

I'm not a picky eater at all, but just wondering if anyone likes these crusts and what is the best way to bake them (ex, should I just throw them in the oven frozen? or microwave them a bit to thaw first?)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

simplicity66 Explorer

I have been where you are now....i ate nothing but vegtables ( mother was very pleased) for 6mths all i wanted was FOOD that will satisfy my hunger like it did before i was diagnosed ....my advice to you is the approach i took....number one this site and the people who come here was the best thing that i found totaly by mistake....there very helpful and understanding...my doc called me told me i had this and said "see you in 2wks for your appointment...no direction at all....here is where i started.......the people here have all been through the ups and downs...trust me you will come across things that you just cant eat....i did....i still have days where i crave the unforbidden but reality sets in and you realize in the long run what will happen if you do eat it....number two keep a opened mind about this "new" way of eating....your taste buds are craving the old way of eatting and when you take that first bite its....OH MY ....this is not what i wanted at all.....i use alot of dried spices get things as close as i can so you kinda sorta get what you want but i do understand really all you want is that yummy taste of "real" pizza crust...i use these all the time.....there made from rice that has no taste to begin with.... i have defrosted them and i have used them frozen...mainly depends on how hungry i am....yeah they do take longer to cook and to get that pizza oven crust...well....lets just say i am still working on that...i am also lactose intolerant....if your having troubles with the cheese maybe try lactose-free...just a suggestion....be creative.....get things as close as you can no matter what it is....

Amyleigh0007 Enthusiast

Sorry to be a downer but I didn't like them and neither did my son. I thought they were too chewy and hard to bite into. I made one with sauce and cheese and the other with BBQ sauce, chicken, and cheese. They were both gross :(

Lisa Mentor

I'm not a fan at all. :huh:

Beth in NC Contributor

My son is only 18 and has been diagnosed for less than 2 weeks. We went to Whole Foods and he found the Kinnikinnick pizza crusts and wanted to try them. He was REALLY pleased with his first one...used Classico for the sauce, turkey pepperoni and mozz cheese. He was thrilled to have pizza, since so much else has been taken away.

thanks for the replies! On second thought...I tried a hanffull of the shredded cheese I bought last night (regular cheese made from dairy)......and yuck..horrible gas and bloating :( Anyone use that rice cheeese for pizza? I know most dont like it, but I've tried the cheese by itelf before and actually like it....just not so sure how well it would melt...

I'm pretty sure it is caesin I am intolerant to and not lactose...it may even be mold...all I know is even cool whip has given me gas...theres no milk in there but they use caesin.

digmom1014 Enthusiast

I am a pizza freak! That is the item I miss most.

I just tried the Chebe mix for pizza crust and have to say it was a lot of work but, delicious. I have tried both the Glutino, Kinninik, and both were kinda sweet and chewy. I also tried Pizza by George, early in my gluten-free life and it was okay but, expensive for such a small pizza. Amy's pizza was expensive and better than Pizza by George but, still a little bland.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Sorry, not only did I not like the Glutino crust, but I found it ridiculously expensive and kind of a pain in the rear to use.

I use plain ol' corn tortillas as crusts--heat over high flame for 2 minutes on each side, top with your favorite sauce, cheese, and toppings, and broil until cheese is bubbly and just starting to brown (1-2 more minutes).

Fast, easy, cheap, and tastes great!

Be careful with rice cheeses--some of them do contain casein, so you do have to read labels . Isn't that ridiculous?

buffettbride Enthusiast

Not a fan of the Glutino pizza crusts at all (but oddly, my dd did like the Glutino cheese pizza, go figure).

We use Kinnickinnick pizza crusts almost exclusively--even as a regular bread substitute. We do cheese bread a few times a week they are so good! Sometimes we do pizza and a lot of open-faced, toasted sammiches. Always very, very good.

We cook at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.

Well, when I say I'm not a picky eater, I mean it. I had the glutino pizza crusts tonight and I thought it was really good....but then I have nothing to compare it too b/c this is my first gluten-free pizza. I microwaved it to thaw first and then put the toppings on it was done in like 10 minutes. The outside of the crust got crispy and it was soft in the center, very much like regular Frozen pizza...but then who knows the last time I had regular frozen pizza :lol:

I used about a 1/4 of regular cheese b/c I felt daring and suprisingly it hasnt bothered me yet....I think it bothered me last time b/c I ate the cheese by itself on an empty stomach.......but KNOCK ON WOOD.

• 3 weeks later...
johalex Rookie

I stopped buying those, but instead get the Gluten Free Pantry's Italian bread/pizza crust mix, and make abougt a half dozen crusts to freeze. They are much tastier and softer that way.

For ease, I freeze small portions of spaghetti sauce to top the pizza in containers, and defrost what I need at a time.

msmini14 Enthusiast

lol I so know how you feel! Of course it will be good to you =) lol I do the same things, mmm this is good! Someone takes a bite and about spits it out. Then I say, hey you have to remember how long it has been since I have had something like this, of course it will taste yummy to me lol.

Anyway, I like their frozen pizza, never tried the crusts. I cook enough as it is, I get those when I want to be lazy =)

Archived