This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Body Going Nuts On New Diet

JoD

JoD Newbie

Anyone ever had spotting and bleeding during intercourse and regular activity? I've gone to my doctor and had tests and tests run and all I can think of is I was just diagnosed about 3 months ago with celiac and have gone gluten free. I'm not in a relationship now, but on the pill and still get bleeding in the middle of the cycle! I love this weight loss, but I'd go without it if it means this is going to keep going on! I would like to be in a relationship sometime and not have to worry about this embarressment.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ShayFL Enthusiast

Many things can affect a woman's hormones including diet. Fat produces estrogen. So as you are losing weight, you are changing your estrogen levels. The body needs time to adjust. Also, many of us had changes in the length of our cycles when going gluten-free. But it does level out at some point and you get back into a natural rhythm.

You should go see your Gyno just to make sure there isnt anything else going on. Likely not, but better safe than sorry.

If Doc. says you are fine, then just give your body a little more time to figure out where it needs to be hormonally. And if you keep losing weight, it might not stabilize until you stay at a set weight for 3 - 6 months.

SGWhiskers Collaborator

When I was feeling the worst prediagnosis, my immune system was run down. I ended up with a cervical infection. I didn't know it, but the doc picked it up. My only symptom was spotting. Also, fibroids (not detected with a standard gyno exam), are common, benign causes of spotting. I'm sure there are other causes as well. Oh, not taking your pill at the same time every day can cause breakthrough bleeding. I remember being guilty of that when I was on the pill.

Hope it goes away, or you find your answer easily.

SGWHISKERS

LuvMoosic4life Collaborator

I went gluten free in may and then lost my period for the whole summer...but I had lots of spotting and pms symptoms. My period came back in sept. but very irregular and my cycle has been 45 days, 20 days of pms. I had an internal ultrasound done and it showed an ovarian cyst that supposily is breaking up, but I think diet has a lot to do with it. I just cant wait to go back to shorter cycles. I rather get my period every 28 days rather than go through all this pms!!! its horrible! I never had this problem... its wierd though b/c my pms seemed non-existant when I first went gluten-free. So I REALLY hope it is just the cyst causing this!

loco-ladi Contributor

Ever since I "started" around 13-14 I had an average of 3 per year, heck I was thankful I didnt have to "deal with that monthly" like all my friends.... dr never said anything about it either so whoopie for me....

since I went gluten-free, they've gotten closer and closer..... so now, I get them every 28 days, can set your calendar by them seriously religeously normal........ not sure I like that either, I do know hubby gets his PMS right around the time I get mine, lol

when you think they going to come out with a PMS pill for men :lol:

Archived