Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Anxiety

jknnej

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was taking Prevacid and Lexapro but I'm off both. I now take Zantac as needed and the Lexapro made me feel like I was in a fog so I only took it 3-4 before I stopped. Basically I have learned to live with the symptoms and control my anxiety.

Best of Luck!

Cleveland Bob B)

"Dreams Are What The Future Is Made Of"

Endoscopy & Blood Work Positive.....

gluten-free Since December 2004.....

Soy Intolerant August 2007......

When I was first taking anti-anxiety meds I was given Ativan (for a week) then took klonopin for about 6 months daily. I didn't notice it helping that much but that was a really confusing time. Horrible withdrawl, too. I was then moved to BuSpar which is non-narcotic but still didn't notice any real effect.

I had also been given Paxil but that made me pass out and have weird blood pressure issues. I am no fan of anti-depressants, at least for me, as they make weird uncomfortable things happen to me.

I took Ativan again for two years daily and that wasn't too bad but I wanted to not have to take it anymore so weaned off of it.

Last year a good friend was dying and my doctor gave me the extended release Xanax for when I needed it and I took that when needed and it worked pretty well. I was not having acute anxiety attacks though so that worked well for me. I think the regular Xanax is better when you are having an acute attack. I basically still have some of the Xanax which I might take it a couple of times a month but for the most part no longer take it at all. Getting off of refined sugar, wheat, caffeine (well, I drink a little green tea) and alcohol made a huge difference for me and my anxiety.

Best -

Stephanie

Diagnosed by food challenge, 10/04

Gluten-free since 10/04

Gluten-sensitive genes: HLA-DQ 1,3 (Subtype 6,9)

Interstitial Cystitis, 7/07

Fibromyalgia, 6/11

I used to be on Lexapro and Xanax. Lexapro made me a different person and was really moody on it so I got off of that. Shortly after I went gluten free I did not need anything. I still have Xanax for when I need it but I haven't had to take it in 10 months.

I still have anxiety but not to the point of needing meds.

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Archived