Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StacyA

Any Requests For 'aversion Therapy' (gluten Challenge)...

Did you use low fat to avoid calories or because it works better in the recipe? I have an aversion to low fat dairy products.

I used to use only full fat ricotta, mozzarella, sour cream and most other dairy products. Cream cheese, on the other hand, I always got Neufchatel because I preferred the texture and taste, same thing with lo-fat cottage cheese. Neither of those are compromised by being the healthier option. IMHO.

I think either would work fine.

How about a bowel of oatmeal soaked for 30 minutes in milk and then slow simmered another 30 with cinnamon and brown sugar with cream.

My gosh, yes! This is so simple but sounds so good. I miss oatmeal :(

I used to use only full fat ricotta, mozzarella, sour cream and most other dairy products. Cream cheese, on the other hand, I always got Neufchatel because I preferred the texture and taste, same thing with lo-fat cottage cheese. Neither of those are compromised by being the healthier option. IMHO.

I think either would work fine.

I just need all the fat I can get for my brain to function properly. And lowfat stuff is more processed. Good to know, thanks!

I served the croissants for breakfast with jam this am and they were absolutely delicious! Everyone loved them. They are light and flaky and beautiful. I wonder if I rolled out two discs and then rolled them together would that increase the flakiness more? That's a technique I used in making gluten pastries before.

Again, thanks for posting this. It feels a gap in our gluten-free diet!

I served the croissants for breakfast with jam this am and they were absolutely delicious! Everyone loved them. They are light and flaky and beautiful. I wonder if I rolled out two discs and then rolled them together would that increase the flakiness more? That's a technique I used in making gluten pastries before.

Again, thanks for posting this. It feels a gap in our gluten-free diet!

I am so happy! It gives me great pleasure to feed people, I'm a mom. That double layer idea sounds great.

I am positively going to start working on a dairy free version. Any ideas for subs for the cheeses?