homemaker

Having A Bad Day...

Rate this topic

Well Gluten Free for 6 weeks.... I am just plain having a tearful day today...For the most part I have tried to remain positive...but sometimes the whole thing just plain

"gets to you" .... Waking up in the morning weak shaky and hungry...I am so hungry I could eat my right arm off or gnaw the woodwork

I don't think I have had just a good cry over all the crap I have been going through so maybe I just need to let it out...I struggle with the fear of getting more fat than I was before I went gluten-free...I had constipation prior to going gluten-free and could stand to lose weight...but I am so hungry....

I struggle with feeling mad just why Dr's don't know more...even though I understand why they don't and then I tell myself don't be such a whiner....

I think when this withdrawal crap gets over I will feel so much better but in the meantime it is a b***h

Thanks for letting me whine.... :(

Doesn't it feel like like some big Cosmic Joke sometimes????

Bleh.... Hang in there, it will get better. Load up on veggies when you're starving- asparagus got me through many starved days. Tomorrow will be better :D

Doesn't it feel like like some big Cosmic Joke sometimes????

Bleh.... Hang in there, it will get better. Load up on veggies when you're starving- asparagus got me through many starved days. Tomorrow will be better :D

Cosmic Joke you got that one right.... :rolleyes: Veggies good idea...the winter squashes are now out here in New England...sounds like a good idea...sounds filling..and filling is good... :rolleyes:

Youre doing great! I remember being starving too. Your body is finally ready to abosorb those nutrients!! Its a good thing :) I welcomed it because I, according to my parents "ate like a bird" my whole life and could actually stand to GAIN some! LOL! Now I eat a full meal! Yay! and Im 29!! I think the advice on veggies is GREAT!! Load up! They have no fat and your body NEEDS them right now! I ate a ton of smoothies too. They are easy to digest and fill you up. Put some flax or rice protien powder some blueberries, so on. Those would hold me in the morning before breakfast. Also if you eat lean proteins every meal it will help sustain longer. Empty carbs will just make you more hungry!! I have been in your shoes and almost 1 yr later, I cant even express to you how totally awesome I feel. Gluten-Free lifestyle has saved my life!! I have more energy now than I did as a kid! Hang in there, its a marathon. :)

I understand too. In fact I wrote much the same post yesterday! I can especially relate to the fear of weight gain. I'm here with you is all I can say. The hunger has gotten better for me and I'm sure it will for you too.

I always start my day off with a nice gluten free Banana. Full of Potassium for energy and lots of other good nutrients!!

Brooklyn

Sounds like you have low blood sugar in the morning. I do too. I munch on Hormel Natural ham if I can't make it till breakfast. It's good advice to increase your protein intake. Have protein with every meal and in between snacks. Don't worry about weight at this point. Let your body eat as much safe food as it needs. The huge hunger will pass in time. You can have protein, nuts, and good fats to help satisfy those needs. Good fats are coconut milk, coconut oil, avocados, and nuts.

Cosmic Joke you got that one right.... :rolleyes: Veggies good idea...the winter squashes are now out here in New England...sounds like a good idea...sounds filling..and filling is good... :rolleyes:

Yum, I love squash. If you can find Kambocha, add some maple syrup and prepare to be in bliss!