FixedGear

Endo Question

Rate this topic

Hi new to this forum great info.

I was wondering what I should do. I had blood work done and like most people it came back with no conclusive results. So the Endoscope was ordered and its not for 2 weeks. I started eating gluten free two days ago and feel a ton better I have been suffering symtoms with no relief for years. Question is should i even do the Endoscope? I don't want to go back eating gluten if its going to make me feel like i did. If i go gluten free until the test will the test even be accurate?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome!

It is recommended that you continue with a gluten diet until all tests are exhausted. To continue on with the endo, is up to you.

Many people here are self diagnosed and they feel quite comfortable with that choice. A positive dietary response can also be diagnostic of a gluten intolerance or Celiac Disease.

if I were you, I would keep eating gluten, get the endo, and then go gluten free after. The reason I say this is, even though we feel better not eating gluten, the gluten free diet is VERY HARD at times, and without a solid diagnosis, it would be so much easier to cheat, and if you do have celiac disease, you can NEVER cheat, so, for me personally, it helps immensely to have a diagnoses and know without a doubt that I CAN NOT HAVE gluten. You could just use these 2 weeks to eat the foods that you will never eat again, even though you might feel crappy, they still taste good and you will have a chance to say goodbye to them ;) This is just my opinion of course so feel free to disregard it. I am just very glad I got the endo, and got a solid diagnoses, you'd be surprised how many times you will be asked if you have an official diagnosis and it's nice to be able to say "YES, I DO, so, don't give me any crap!" LOL :) And honestly the endo wasn't a big deal at all. In fact, it's nice to go to sleep for a little while and relax!