Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For the past week and a half My BMs have been coming out sort of orangish in color even a bit redish. The first day it happened, I thought it was from the tomato sauce from the night before. Then the next night we had yummy gluten free pumpkin pie, so when I had another red orange BM I thought it was what I ate again. But now it is going on and on. I have been having loos BMs.

Does anyone have an idea at all?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

For the past week and a half My BMs have been coming out sort of orangish in color even a bit redish. The first day it happened, I thought it was from the tomato sauce from the night before. Then the next night we had yummy gluten free pumpkin pie, so when I had another red orange BM I thought it was what I ate again. But now it is going on and on. I have been having loos BMs.

Does anyone have an idea at all?

any one? I can't get threw to my gi doc because they are so "backed up" the front office lady won't talk to me about it because the I haven't been in for my consultation yet. She just says that they are to backed up and The doc will talk to me at my appointment.

Have you eaten a lot of beta carotene (one of the vitamins found in carrots) and been doing so for a while or recently added new vitamin supplements?

Are all orange or red for the past week and half?

I've never seen strange color more than a day or two in a row -- maybe someone else has seen orange for a longer period?

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

If you're sure it's not your food, drink or new medication then you need to see a Doctor........

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, not even if i said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense....... Buddha

Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open..... Thomas Dewar

If you want to be someone ... be yourself...

It is doubtful that it is bleeding coloring your stool on the way your describing. Blood would show up as red streaks or if the bleeding is farther up in the intestines the stool would be black and tarry. If this concerns you do contact your doctor but I don't think you have anything to be concerned about.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)