Rate this topic

For the past week and a half My BMs have been coming out sort of orangish in color even a bit redish. The first day it happened, I thought it was from the tomato sauce from the night before. Then the next night we had yummy gluten free pumpkin pie, so when I had another red orange BM I thought it was what I ate again. But now it is going on and on. I have been having loos BMs.

Does anyone have an idea at all?

For the past week and a half My BMs have been coming out sort of orangish in color even a bit redish. The first day it happened, I thought it was from the tomato sauce from the night before. Then the next night we had yummy gluten free pumpkin pie, so when I had another red orange BM I thought it was what I ate again. But now it is going on and on. I have been having loos BMs.

Does anyone have an idea at all?

any one? I can't get threw to my gi doc because they are so "backed up" the front office lady won't talk to me about it because the I haven't been in for my consultation yet. She just says that they are to backed up and The doc will talk to me at my appointment.

Have you eaten a lot of beta carotene (one of the vitamins found in carrots) and been doing so for a while or recently added new vitamin supplements?

Are all orange or red for the past week and half?

I've never seen strange color more than a day or two in a row -- maybe someone else has seen orange for a longer period?

If you're sure it's not your food, drink or new medication then you need to see a Doctor........

It is doubtful that it is bleeding coloring your stool on the way your describing. Blood would show up as red streaks or if the bleeding is farther up in the intestines the stool would be black and tarry. If this concerns you do contact your doctor but I don't think you have anything to be concerned about.