Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonD2

Hello

I'm not posting to complain (imagine that). I just wanted to say hello and extend a big THANK YOU to all the folks on here who have listened to me and offered some great advice...I am truly grateful for all the kindness. I know i'm not easy to deal with sometimes, but im working on that :)

I still have bad days, but things are getting a little more tolerable. I am traveling with my boss this weak and am finally going to come clean about my gluten problem (it honestly has affected my job performance, but he hasnt been complaining) - I have kept it a secret for almost 2 years and need to spill the beans.

My mom has also agreed to get tested and im still working on my aunt and cousin, everyone was in major denial at first but now I think its starting to sink in.

I'm finally going for an endoscopy in a few weeks and am also gonna get a colonoscopy in 2010. Im a bit young but I figure with my family history it couldnt hurt

As for my mental state, ive been making an effort to not focus on myself and my problems so much but its tough and I regress very quickly, but I am trying to do things in life that I enjoy to take my mind off.

I tend to pine over old girlfriends and frequently succumb to the sadness of not being in love, but for now i'm fine being single and just focusing on getting well and doing things I like.

Anyway, thanks again and hope everyone enjoys the holidays

Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

BIG, BIG strides you've made there, Jason. :D You're on your way now, dude. The girlfriends will come later. Just concentrate on the direction you're heading and you'll be right. Coming clean is the best way to go!!

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Jason, I agree, BIG strides! Just take it one day at a time! Since you seem to travel a lot, just be sure to take some great snacks with you in case you get into a pinch. When you're in larger cities, check out some vegan/raw restaurants. Almost no way to get CC, and you can have 99% of anything on the menu. Quite tasty, too. Keep up the great work!

Gluten free is not so bad! If you are new, hang it there, it gets easier!

Ah Jason--your post just put a big 'ole smile on my face! :D

Enjoy the holiday season and look forward to a positive, fresh and happy new year to come. :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

So glad you are taking charge of your life!

1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember

1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms

Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance

2000-osteopenia

2001-had stroke because of medications I was given

June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months

June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)

May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world