jackay

Will New Nonstick Pan Become Contaminated?

Rate this topic

My dh is finally coming around and supporting me about gluten contamination. He wants to get a new nonstick pan for frying potatoes. I am concerned that it will get contaminated accidentally even if we don't make anything with gluten in it. Am I being overly concerned? Since I am not living in a gluten free house, contamination is always on my mind.

As long as you don't cook gluten foods in it it will be fine.

Yeah, definitely should be fine. I have a couple of pans that are off limits: my small non stick skillet, my baking pans, which includes 2 cookie sheets that I use to make pizza. I'm the only one that bakes, so wheat flour floating around is not a concern, as there is none in the house. But, for the grilled cheeses and occasional frozen pizzas that my husband buys, he just knows better. ;) And I have no problems using those pans.

As long as you don't cook gluten foods in it it will be fine.

Or stick it in the dishwasher at the same time as something containing gluten.

Since a non stick pan is so easy to clean then its a good idea to get a different color washing cloth you can use on your gluten-free pans, plates and cutlery.

As long as you wash the pan than cross contamination is not an issue. The only problem would be if there was gluten containing residue in the pan.