jackay

Can Gluten Be Washed Out Of Towels?

Rate this topic

I wash a load of bathroom and kitchen towels almost every day. I do not live in a gluten free house, so I'm wondering if I am getting cc from them. Is that a problem for others?

I am always washing my hands before I touch food but my towels might be making me sick.

I would doubt that towels are making you sick...I will step out on a limb here-------= I would never wash kitchen dish towels with bathroom washcloths.... For me that just seems gross washing dishtowels & dish cloths with other bathroom towels & cloths we wash our butts with!

I wash my kitchen things separately with color safe bleach & very hot water. I do the same for my bath things.....Yes, I know you didn't state that you do that....

I've been gluten-free for years & share a gluten-free/gluten house & have never heard of anyone having a problem with their towels. I think you are safe...

I've been gluten-free for almost 5 years (and am rather sensitive still) and towels are not something that I worry about. My husband has a few gluten containing foods in the house--prepared stuff like cereal, cookies, and crackers. If he's just had something like that and washes his hands, he just throws the towel he used in the wash. I don't believe that's ever caused any problems. I agree with mamaw--you're ok :D

I wash a load of bathroom and kitchen towels almost every day. I do not live in a gluten free house, so I'm wondering if I am getting cc from them. Is that a problem for others?

I am always washing my hands before I touch food but my towels might be making me sick.

Like yourself, I wash all my towels together and don't worry too much about separating bathroom stuff from kitchen stuff. They are being washed, after all, and a good washing with soap will clean everything just fine. You cannot get sick from a towel unless someone wipes their gluteny mouth all over one and then you put that into your mouth......which is a much grosser thought than washing towels all together! ;)