jasonD2

Anyone Have Problems Eating Chicken?

Rate this topic

Lately whenever I eat chicken (dark or white meat) i get indigestion. I do have a parasite issue/gastritis i am trying to resolve but i dont have as much trouble with other meats..even beef. for some reason its always chicken that causes the problem. I hope im not developing a chicken allergy...its really the easiest safest meat to eat and is my primary source of protein

I guess my questions would be the obvious ones. Is this chicken you are fixing for yourself at home? Is there any other kind of ingredient that is common? Or are you talking about plain, no other ingredient, grilled or baked chicken? What about the spray-on oil? Some brands have wheat in them! Even roasted chickens you buy at the stores need to be monitored for added glutens. KFC Grilled Chicken has wheat flour on it. I have not encountered, but have read others here in this forum say that some raw chicken brands need to be investigated or questioned. Perhaps your problems is something like this....not really the chicken itself but something they are doing to the chicken. I hope you find your problem and its not the chicken. Our choices are limited enough, without taking away such a vital source!

no this is plain chicken i make myself at home

How do you make it?

For some reason, panfrying chicken breast ... it just doesn't sit well with me. I can do chicken in pretty much any other way, but just straight up pan-fried chicken...

What ways have you tried cooking it?

Does it happen no matter what you do?

What else is there besides chicken? (I mean anything - salt, oil, pepper, etc.)

Do you eat anything with the chicken? (Again, anything - cold water, a vegetable, etc.)

lately been slow cooking in a soup for 1 hr- add vegetables salt and pepper- thats it. I season other meats the same way and dont have a problem

Lately whenever I eat chicken (dark or white meat) i get indigestion.

I experienced the same problem from time to time. It's been a mystery I've never quite figured out. The best I could do was associate it with which brand chicken I was buying. The strongest association seemed to be with generic chicken sold by the grocery store where I shop. That chicken would be in clear shrink-wrap with a price tag, nothing more. The non-store brands would also cause indigestion from time to time. The only alternative that seemed fairly safe was the non-generic store chicken which was in shrink-wrap that had the store's name and logo along with decoration and verbiage. Sounds flaky but that's the best I could sort it out.

Lately, the store has been carrying Wild Harvest organic chicken and I have had no problem with that.

Other than the suggestion of trying different brands/sources of chicken, the only other suggestion would be rigorous attention to cleanliness as well as thorough cooking. That includes fanatical hand-washing after touching the chicken and before touching anything else and separation of utensils, etc. during preparation.

BTW, if you figure anything out, please post. I'd be very interested.

:)

Yes, I have had that problem. I think that chickens roll around in their feed too much. I do much better if I wash it carefully first.

Chickens rolling in their feed? You do realize that chickens are plucked and thoroughly washed after they're killed? Anyway, washing chicken before cooking is generally a good idea.

richard

My chickens never roll in anything. Only their feet and their mouths touch the food.

Maybe something that's used to preserve the chicken is bothering you. I know they do add stuff. Buy organic if you can - even Smart Chicken (regular or organic). They use a different process.

I've been getting local, free-range chickens. Butchered fresh, nothing added. That's not an option for everyone, I understand.

- Jana

yes I have the same sometime..

Lately whenever I eat chicken (dark or white meat) i get indigestion. I do have a parasite issue/gastritis i am trying to resolve but i dont have as much trouble with other meats..even beef. for some reason its always chicken that causes the problem. I hope im not developing a chicken allergy...its really the easiest safest meat to eat and is my primary source of protein

I just had food intolerance testing done, and I had a severe intolerance of chicken! Crazy I know...because I eat a lot of it. But that helped explain why I still feel sick all the time after eliminating gluten and dairy.

Have you ever tried buffalo? They actually sell it at walmart now. It is very good for you because there are federal laws against it being treated with antibiotics (unlike cows)! Its really good, I actually prefer it over beef now. And it is a good source of protein as well.