ciavyn

Insides In An Uproar...

Rate this topic

So I'll throw this out there because...well, let's face it, getting glutened is annoying. I've found that when I'm glutened, it takes about three weeks or so for my system to even out again. This last time, I ate ONE Nacho Dorito chip, before thinking to check the back of the bag. Because I can have other Dorito flavors, it didn't occur to me that they could be a problem. Of course, I rarely indulge in junk food, so it would figure that the one time I do, I screw it up!

Anyway, my main symptoms have mostly been GI ones. Specifically, the most horrific gas you can imagine. It would help if I didn't work in a tiny office! So I'm miserable AND embarrassed.

My question: does this sound pretty normal? Anyone else in a similar boat? I guess this misery would like some company. Any suggestions on how to counteract the gas? I've tried over the counter stuff without much success.

I don't get gassy, but I do feel that my insides are in an uproar. It takes me about two weeks to feel close to normal. I think you will find you are not alone in either symptoms or time frame here.

I feel for you....really...I do!I have the exact same problem!I havent been diagnosed as a celiac..but I definately have gluten sensitivity.The doctor is sending me for more bloodwork to test for celiac again.Anyway,my main problem is bloating and gas..and my insides grumble around and make nioses like I am passing gas..when Im not.I worked at a small office for two weeks...and quit,one reason was because it was so quiet there,and I was embarrased they might hear my stomach.I hate it..Im so disqusted with this whole thing!Ive been almost gluten-free all week,and do feel better,but its a diet thats so frustrating!

Lately I have been getting gas and bloating from everything I eat and I have been gluten free for about 6 months. I started taking charcoal capsules last week and they actually take the painful pressure away. My stomach still rumbles and makes noises, but luckily our office is bigger. I guess I am still healing and hope someday this bloating with everything I eat will go away.

I'm not saying that you might not have other intolerences, but for a more simplified answer you could be just having "gas" because you have been eating more fiber rich foods. If I sat and ate a bunch of beans I definately would get gassy and I'm not sensitive. Add more fiber in gradually so your body can get used to it. It could just be your body reacting to the accidental gluten.

So I'll throw this out there because...well, let's face it, getting glutened is annoying. I've found that when I'm glutened, it takes about three weeks or so for my system to even out again. This last time, I ate ONE Nacho Dorito chip, before thinking to check the back of the bag. Because I can have other Dorito flavors, it didn't occur to me that they could be a problem. Of course, I rarely indulge in junk food, so it would figure that the one time I do, I screw it up!

Anyway, my main symptoms have mostly been GI ones. Specifically, the most horrific gas you can imagine. It would help if I didn't work in a tiny office! So I'm miserable AND embarrassed.

My question: does this sound pretty normal? Anyone else in a similar boat? I guess this misery would like some company. Any suggestions on how to counteract the gas? I've tried over the counter stuff without much success.

Sounds pretty normal to me.....I don't have problems with gas much at all until I get glutened. Then, it's frequent and embarassing. It's usually the first sign for me that something is amiss.

I haven't found much to counteract it once it gets going, but eating bland things like potato, banana, etc help make it easier to be around others if you get my drift.....

Thank you for the feedback. It definitely, ah, puts life in perspective a bit when you are dodging people in the grocery store and hoping to get out of the aisle before everyone figures out it's you! :lol: I can't wait to get my system back to normal!!

Thank you for the feedback. It definitely, ah, puts life in perspective a bit when you are dodging people in the grocery store and hoping to get out of the aisle before everyone figures out it's you! :lol: I can't wait to get my system back to normal!!

LOL...thats too funny!I know exactly what you are saying,though!By the way....Im from Pottsville,Pa..high neighbor!

LOL...thats too funny!I know exactly what you are saying,though!By the way....Im from Pottsville,Pa..high neighbor!

I definitely know Pottsvile! Been there many times. Welcome!

I definitely know Pottsvile! Been there many times. Welcome!

Thanks!Lets hope that we can soon get our digestive track back on the right track...Im so tired of feeling this way.Trying to decide if I should have my blood drawn tommorow for the test for celiac...Ive been trying to aviod gluten for a week and a half(not totally off it yet)..I hope they can get an accurate reading if I go tommorow.