Rate this topic

So I am going to a new Dr. He spends 2 hrs with you for a consultation. I had to write page long Bio on my self and as I did this I rememberd all theese things from my past . I have been having these problems for longer than I thought. Allthough I have not been positively diagnosed with Celiacs,because I had been on the diet for 6 months when they did the test. i still treat myself for It. i have lost 16 pounds this year. Hardley ever bloated unless I get constipated. IBS right? Yeah i have been diagnosed with that sence I was 16 Im 44. People and friends thought I was just suffering from anxiety attacks I wouldnt eat out cuz I always got sick.I stared to beleve them that I was having anxiety attack. But now im here to say im not CRAZY!!!!!! And to all the Dr.s that would just dissmiss me with a scrip for some stupid pill that did nothing for me and a new diagnosis. Spend some time with your patients do a history on them Do what your suposed to do. and when you find out your patient has vitamin dificences ,do something about It and if your not willing to take the time refer them to someone that will. I hope to God that this new guy will give me the answers that I need. But honestly this site has helped me more than anything else. Thanks to all of you out there that listen and learn. Its a blessing oh and IM NOT CRAZY!!! im sick. and zanex does not help constipation and nausea . Hello thats why im here.

• Upvote 1

So I am going to a new Dr. He spends 2 hrs with you for a consultation. I had to write page long Bio on my self and as I did this I rememberd all theese things from my past . I have been having these problems for longer than I thought. Allthough I have not been positively diagnosed with Celiacs,because I had been on the diet for 6 months when they did the test. i still treat myself for It. i have lost 16 pounds this year. Hardley ever bloated unless I get constipated. IBS right? Yeah i have been diagnosed with that sence I was 16 Im 44. People and friends thought I was just suffering from anxiety attacks I wouldnt eat out cuz I always got sick.I stared to beleve them that I was having anxiety attack. But now im here to say im not CRAZY!!!!!! And to all the Dr.s that would just dissmiss me with a scrip for some stupid pill that did nothing for me and a new diagnosis. Spend some time with your patients do a history on them Do what your suposed to do. and when you find out your patient has vitamin dificences ,do something about It and if your not willing to take the time refer them to someone that will. I hope to God that this new guy will give me the answers that I need. But honestly this site has helped me more than anything else. Thanks to all of you out there that listen and learn. Its a blessing oh and IM NOT CRAZY!!! im sick. and zanex does not help constipation and nausea . Hello thats why im here.

Yuck, I've been there, with the Prozac and Celexa....mood swings to the point where people really thought I was crazy....but all the time I knew there was something physically wrong with me that was causing these mood swings, even if sometimes I acted pretty crazy! After taking lots of fish oil for 6 or 8 months, the mood swings went away, but I was still sick with more symptoms I think than I can count. And nobody really gets it, do they?

Until you find this place. It's great!

Oh I hear you ! Problems as a child in the '50's, OK I'll cut the doctors some slack back then not much was known. Diagnosed with "eczema" in the '60's, know now it was DH, then in 1969 with "mucous colitis" was so sick that year the Education Department refused to give me permanency til I'd been teaching a year and had another medical OK still cutting some slack.

Fast forward to when "IBS" became the buzzword.............basically "suck it up and learn to live with it"......yeah right !

An endoscopy showed villi damage at 12 months gluten free by then I'd figured out the problem and gone gluten free the scope was for something entirely different thank God the gastro took biopsies and enough of them.

Agreed to go back on gluten for the antibodies test, as the scope report said "early Coeliac" when I believe it was "late healing". Only lasted 2 and 1/2 weeks and couldn't go on was so sick could taste blood in my mouth. Had the Coeliac panel done scared I hadn't been on gluten long enough.......every antibodies test positive with a tTG of 300 (0-35) !!!!!!!!

So problems from about the age of 8 and officially diagnosed when I was 59 !!! I'm over the anger now and just glad I know what was wrong with me.

• Upvote 1

Yuck, I've been there, with the Prozac and Celexa....mood swings to the point where people really thought I was crazy....but all the time I knew there was something physically wrong with me that was causing these mood swings, even if sometimes I acted pretty crazy! After taking lots of fish oil for 6 or 8 months, the mood swings went away, but I was still sick with more symptoms I think than I can count. And nobody really gets it, do they?

Until you find this place. It's great!

They stuck me on Prozac too! I thought I was the only person unlucky enough to have been treated for depression instead of celiac. My shrink never thought anything of all my GI symptoms and my GP who diagnosed "gastritis" never suspected that the fatigue and depression had anything to do with diet.

• Upvote 1

They stuck me on Prozac too! I thought I was the only person unlucky enough to have been treated for depression instead of celiac. My shrink never thought anything of all my GI symptoms and my GP who diagnosed "gastritis" never suspected that the fatigue and depression had anything to do with diet.

Nope, add another onto that list. They stuck me on ritalin, then phased me through 3 different antidepressants intermixed with klonopins and xanax as each new doctor seemed to just through another chemical at me until my last psychiatrist just confessed "There's just too many different things wrong with you to figure out what's going on." Money well spent...

Oh I totally understand! I used to think I was going crazy too. I broke down crying in a doctors office one time out of frustration and he suggested I get psychological help! Isn't it a great feeling though to be able to take your life back? It can only get better now that you know what's wrong.

Oh I totally understand! I used to think I was going crazy too. I broke down crying in a doctors office one time out of frustration and he suggested I get psychological help! Isn't it a great feeling though to be able to take your life back? It can only get better now that you know what's wrong.

Me too, all of the above, told I had "barnacles" on my butt (cleared up when I went gluten free) told I had chronic gastritis (cleared up when gluten-free) and everytime I have been glutened my mouth tastes just like blood. This started when I was around 6 years old and had horrible flair ups all my life. Right now I am on vacation in Maine and I have gotten glutened, feel like crap, have blood taste, hopefully it will clear up in a couple of days, am grateful I havent had diaherra like I usually do, last time I was here, I almost had to be hospitalized for dehydration. My drs never figured it out, I did all by myself and I am NOT going back on gluten so they can test me, too painful, my stomach feels like it is on fire when I am glutened. Glad to have found this site thou, misery loves company. :-)

Glad to be not "crazy" too.