BethM55

Cutting Boards

Rate this topic

If I put my cutting boards through the dishwasher, will that de-gluten them? :blink:

If I put my cutting boards through the dishwasher, will that de-gluten them? :blink:

if it is a wooden cutting board i'd suggest replacing it.

The dishwasher would work for non-porous surfaces, but not for porous ones such as wood.

And the dishwasher would play havoc with the wood anyway :)

The dishwasher would work for non-porous surfaces, but not for porous ones such as wood.

Thank you for your replies. I only have one wood cutting board, but don't use it often. The others are either the thick white plastic sort of boards, or the thin flexible ones. They all have scratches in them. So dishwashering them should be ok, then? I don't know how porous they are. A couple of the flexible ones have not been used much, and probably not for bread or other gluten things. Maybe I'll just designate those as mine.

Many, many details to being truly gluten free!

Thank you for your replies. I only have one wood cutting board, but don't use it often. The others are either the thick white plastic sort of boards, or the thin flexible ones. They all have scratches in them. So dishwashering them should be ok, then? I don't know how porous they are. A couple of the flexible ones have not been used much, and probably not for bread or other gluten things. Maybe I'll just designate those as mine.

Many, many details to being truly gluten free!

I suggest getting new "plastic sort" of cutting boards and designate them for gluten free foods.

I have 2 bamboo and 2 plastic...i bleached the bamboo ones and scrubbed them and the plastic gets bleached every time. So far so good, no glutenings (knock on wood)!