Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roda

I Finally Found An Edible Biscuit

It does sound strange, but it was good. I think it is the closest to mimicking cow milk, but if you don't use it much it might not turn out quite how you would like.

I like using coconut because it is so easy to digest and is the best source of medium chain fatty acids - plus I just think it tastes better than any other milk substitute, but that's just me.

Anyway, I hope you find something that works good for you. :)

I do like coconut milk. I made yogurt with it and it was very good. I used it in smoothies with almond milk and the kids and I loved it. Hubby ate some chicken that was marrinated in a mixture with it in. I may have to give it a try. It sounds odd, but then again so did alot of the things I never tried before going gluten free. I like to think I am open minded, so when I make some I'll let you know. I've got plenty of cans of coconut milk in the pantry. I also use coconut flour and coconut oil all the time. Matter of fact in the sweet biscuits I used coconut oil since it is all I had. We even like melting it and using it on popcorn instead of butter. Thanks again! :)

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.