kpryan

Lunch And Snack Ideas?

Rate this topic

Anyone have any good lunch and snack ideas? Lately I am just getting so bored with what I eat and seem to just eat the same thing over and over again. I am gluten free and dairy free.

I usually do rice cakes w/ almond butter, soy milk...for snacks.

Lunch a lot of times is left overs....

I try to stay away from the pre-packaged stuff b/c it's kind of junky anyhow...

I used to love Luna bars, but they are not gluten-free. I was loving Kind bars for a while but then the honey got to bother my stomach....

Thanks!

Purefit bars are gluten and dairy free. They pack a punch for when you are in a hurry (lotsa protien). Go Free makes good granola-ish bars that are gluten and dairy free (and yummy). Bumble bars are yummy but they may have honey. I am a big fan of lots of fruits and veggies as snacks. grapes and apples travel well. Baby carrots and sugar snap peas are my favorite veggie snackes. Carrots & PB are yummy if you need a bit of protein. Lunch ideas: tuna or chicken salad wraps (french meadow makes a pretty good version of a flour tortilla, make sure your canned chicken/tuna is gluten free, best foods Mayo is gluten & casein free). Or you can cook up some rice and beans & veggies and put that in a wrap. does this mean you also need other dinner ideas as well if you are getting bored with the leftovers...? Hope this helps a bit! :D

So Delicious coconut milk (comes in a milk cartons in the refrigerated section but recently I saw it in shelf stable cartons)

Vegan Gourmet makes a "cheese" that's good melted on things- think nachos, pizza toast etc. Gillian's Rolls are CF and make nice pizza toasts or tuna melts

I make up an antipasta plate with marinated mushrooms, mixed olives, carrot and celery sticks and salami(Hormel).

Tuna salad and crackers (Glutino plain are CF)

Nuts are great to snack on-you can make homemade trail mix with nuts and seeds(pumpkin, sunfower) and shredded coconut, dried fruits, and Enjoylife choco chips- choose unsalted and/or unsweetened varieties of ingredients to make it "healthier"

Thanks!! Where can you get Purefit and Go Free?

Purefit bars are gluten and dairy free. They pack a punch for when you are in a hurry (lotsa protien). Go Free makes good granola-ish bars that are gluten and dairy free (and yummy). Bumble bars are yummy but they may have honey. I am a big fan of lots of fruits and veggies as snacks. grapes and apples travel well. Baby carrots and sugar snap peas are my favorite veggie snackes. Carrots & PB are yummy if you need a bit of protein. Lunch ideas: tuna or chicken salad wraps (french meadow makes a pretty good version of a flour tortilla, make sure your canned chicken/tuna is gluten free, best foods Mayo is gluten & casein free). Or you can cook up some rice and beans & veggies and put that in a wrap. does this mean you also need other dinner ideas as well if you are getting bored with the leftovers...? Hope this helps a bit! :D

Thanks! i'll have to try the Vegan Gourmet cheese. I had tried Daiya cheese (vegan as well) but that didn't agree with me....

So Delicious coconut milk (comes in a milk cartons in the refrigerated section but recently I saw it in shelf stable cartons)

Vegan Gourmet makes a "cheese" that's good melted on things- think nachos, pizza toast etc. Gillian's Rolls are CF and make nice pizza toasts or tuna melts

I make up an antipasta plate with marinated mushrooms, mixed olives, carrot and celery sticks and salami(Hormel).

Tuna salad and crackers (Glutino plain are CF)

Nuts are great to snack on-you can make homemade trail mix with nuts and seeds(pumpkin, sunfower) and shredded coconut, dried fruits, and Enjoylife choco chips- choose unsalted and/or unsweetened varieties of ingredients to make it "healthier"

Oh and oddly I can't eat apples (which were my favorite fruit)...gives me horrible internal gas...fructose issues I'm thinking.

Dinner I'm pretty good on. B/c I have the time to cook and such. The problem really is simple, quick and filling snacks.

Japanese rice balls. you can make all sorts of variations. google "onigiri".

if you can eat eggs, make mini crustless quiches in muffin tins and freeze to have on hand.

bean salads. beans + homemade dressing + random chopped up veg

For portable, I like the little pineapple cups (pricey, but sometimes $$ if worth it for the convinience).

Anyone have any good lunch and snack ideas? Lately I am just getting so bored with what I eat and seem to just eat the same thing over and over again. I am gluten free and dairy free.

I usually do rice cakes w/ almond butter, soy milk...for snacks.

Lunch a lot of times is left overs....

I try to stay away from the pre-packaged stuff b/c it's kind of junky anyhow...

I used to love Luna bars, but they are not gluten-free. I was loving Kind bars for a while but then the honey got to bother my stomach....

Thanks!

Hi,

If you click my profile and scroll down the 'About me section' till you come to The Coeliac Lunchbox click that link and it will bring you to one of my recipe blogs, this one giving you new and exciting ideas for your lunch box etc.

It's against board rules to directly link there.

Best Regards,

David