Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruth Talbott

Popcorn Kernels

Does anyone know of a gluten-free popcorn kernel? I tried Orville Redenbacher and I think it has made me sick. I haven't had much luck contacting ConAgra either. Furthermore, even though it may not contain gluten, it could have been cross contaminated. Any helpful info on this would be great. Thanks!

--

Ruth

--

Ruth

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." -Maya Angelou

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I get really, really sick from popcorn because I am intolerant to corn. To my great surprise, my neuropathy only started going away after I cut out corn. I'd suggest considering this as a possibility for yourself.

Does anyone know of a gluten-free popcorn kernel? I tried Orville Redenbacher and I think it has made me sick. I haven't had much luck contacting ConAgra either. Furthermore, even though it may not contain gluten, it could have been cross contaminated. Any helpful info on this would be great. Thanks!

--

Ruth

Hi Ruth,

Con Agra will list any gluten on the label. I eat Orville Redenbacher popcorn quite frequently (the plain kernels, popped on the stove) and have not had a problem with them, and I'm very sensitive to cross contamination.

Could you have a developing problem with corn or maybe the fiber is too much for you at this point?

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

--

Ruth

Popcorn can be a little tough on a sensitive digestive tract.

In microwave popcorn, the oils, flavorings, and preservatives alone make me sick - doesn't matter if they're gluten free. I started making old school popcorn on the stove a couple of years ago, and it tastes SO much better...and it's healthier!

--

Ruth

i too eat orville with no problem. i have also contacted conagra and they should be trusted. perhaps maybe your using a pan that might have been used to cook something with gluten in it or maybe a bowl or butter that was cross contaminated?????

gluten-free for 7 years pos. biopsy

98 pounds lost!!!!