This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

One Good Thing About Being The Only gluten-free In A House Of Gluten-Eaters....

Monklady123

Monklady123 Collaborator

I just made regular gluteny banana bread for my family. And gluten-free banana muffins for me. It was supposed to make one dozen but since I added some mashed banana and made them a bit smaller than the recipe called for I got 1.5 dozen. So, one loaf of bread for three of them. 1.5 dozen muffins for one of me. B)

Dd says "Mommy that's not fair!" I said "yes, and how "fair" is it that you all can eat that pizza we had last night and I can't?" She said "oh...yeah. I hope your muffins are good Mommy."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, my good thing for the day is that I'm not sharing. ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

One good thing about being the only gluten-free in the house:

No one eats the last 2 pieces of bread - leaving me wanting a sandwich & no bread!

jenngolightly Contributor

I get to decide where we go out for dinner.

ElseB Contributor

I made delicious buttermilk biscuits this afternoon because it was -30 degrees celsius outside so there was nothing to do but stay inside and bake! And it a moment of extreme weakness I not only offered my non-celiac boyfriend a biscuit, but I gave him the biggest one!!! But then again, he did slave over the stove last night making chili and homemade corn tortillas....

Brightstar Newbie

Picking out avocados to add to my home grown salad for lunches...

Dh "Arent't those expencive? Why not just have sandwiches like me?"

Me "Have you seen the price of the gluten free bread?"

Dh "Oh yeah... get the avocados"

I get to eat 'luxury' food because it's cheaper than 'normal' food. :lol:

eatmeat4good Enthusiast

My good thing for the day is that my son said, "Mom? Are you sure this pasta is gluten free? I'm kinda scared to eat it cause it tastes so real!"

I had given him quinoa/corn spaghetti.... :)

ElseB Contributor

My good thing for the day is that my son said, "Mom? Are you sure this pasta is gluten free? I'm kinda scared to eat it cause it tastes so real!"

I had given him quinoa/corn spaghetti.... :)

I love those tastes-too-good-to-be-true moments!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

I love those tastes-too-good-to-be-true moments!!!

At Thanksgiving, my sister said, " this is gluten-free cornbread?" while getting a second piece.

The other good thing about being gluten-free is when I go to PF Changs, I have to drink wine.

justjen Rookie

Thanks for the laughs this morning! I'm super scared to start my gluten-free diet after all the testings are done! But If I get to be in charge then it somewhat makes it all better :ph34r:

BethJ Rookie

All the Glutino pretzels are MINE! DH won't touch " -free" anything . . . just might be too healthy for his liking. Leaves more for me. smile.gif

jeannieknits Rookie

RICE PUDDING!

(I'm making some right now--on this cold night!)

I'm using coconut milk and brown sugar and it smells sooooo good!

cap6 Enthusiast

If it says "mom" on it the family won't touch it.

Holly1137 Newbie

Love this!

I get to feel like the Queen when my boyfriend and I go out or cook at home "we'll go/have whatever you'd like."

And feel like daddy's little princess when he's cooking "anything to keep my baby happy."

=)

notme Experienced

The other good thing about being gluten-free is when I go to PF Changs, I have to drink wine.

hahaa! my in-laws took us out to supper (ruby tuesday's) and i HAD to order chardonnay :D and my husband didn't give me the "my parents are baptist!!" horrified look! (plus, they were buying = they bought me alcohol. shame on them!! lol) ;)

Muffy Rookie

I get extra big shares of MEAT!!!!!!! But we all do since I made the whole house go gluten-free. B) They guys love that I am always craving steak and bacon though, that is for sure. :lol:

justjacqueline Newbie

I'm new to the gluten-free stuff...why do you HAVE to have wine?

Jestgar Rising Star

Because sometimes a glass of wine just makes the whole day seem better....

justjacqueline Newbie

Because sometimes a glass of wine just makes the whole day seem better....

Gotcha ;)

Archived