Diane-in-FL

Cool Surprise

Rate this topic

My husband, who likes to cook and who loves coming up with new ways to prepare our favorite foods, discovered this neat trick: that gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill) makes an amazing coating for chicken or pork. He just puts boneless chicken breast fillets in egg, then in the gluten-free flour, then cooks them in a skillet with olive oil. The gluten-free flour makes a wonderful crispy coating, much better than regular flour. Nice surprise huh? Works on the pork too. We buy the thin ones and it doesn't take long to cook them. He also adds some seasonings too.....like garlic and herb blend. Wicked tasty! :lol:

I haven't tried it with chicken but I have made fried pork chops and they were awesome! It also makes a very good gravy. It has to be mixed with water and shaken before adding to the pan but it looks and tastes just like gravy made with wheat flour.

Now I'm craving fried chicken! :)

Tasty!! I have done this with chicken and fish,, Soooo good :D

Sounds delish...but, hubby asks a good question..WHICH Bob's gluten free flour should I use? (there are a few of them)

thanks for the tip!!

I have a box of the Bisquick gluten-free mix. Has anyone tried it with coating chicken breasts? I have 4 breasts defrosting for dinner and was just going to bbq them and add some rice.

Sounds delish...but, hubby asks a good question..WHICH Bob's gluten free flour should I use? (there are a few of them)

thanks for the tip!!

Hi IrishHeart......sorry, I should have been more specific. It's the Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour. :)

Hi IrishHeart......sorry, I should have been more specific. It's the Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour. :)

why, thank you ma'am!! :) and lucky us, hubbies who cook (well, mine bakes)