dbhickma

Gluten Detox, Body Spazzing Out.

Rate this topic

Hi! I'm new and a bit lost and lonely. I've been almost totally gluten free for the past week and my body is freaking out. I've eliminated gluten from my food, but I've had a couple set backs with lotion and conditioner. I have a major acne breakout, I'm bloated, constant dizzy feeling, migraine, constipated, my hair is falling out by the hand fulls, super itchy, my joints hurt, I'm ALWAYS hungry and I'm extremely tired. Is this normal?

Hi! I'm new and a bit lost and lonely. I've been almost totally gluten free for the past week and my body is freaking out. I've eliminated gluten from my food, but I've had a couple set backs with lotion and conditioner. I have a major acne breakout, I'm bloated, constant dizzy feeling, migraine, constipated, my hair is falling out by the hand fulls, super itchy, my joints hurt, I'm ALWAYS hungry and I'm extremely tired. Is this normal?

Is it normal for your body to freak out when going gluten free?? you bet, you body will go thur withdraw from the gluten. Hang in there it will get better.

Have you had any testing (blood work) to check your vitamin,mineral levels? Have you had your thyroid checked??

I don't know what the norm is really, but personally I get almost instant relief when starting gluten free (within a few days). I have lupus as well and many of your symptoms are found with that disease as well. Have you been checked for other autoimmune disorders such as that?

Good luck!

I just went gluten free after my blood tests came back positive. Didn't want to wait for further testing because I was hoping to feel great this week (home with the kids for school break). I definitely do not feel great. Constant headache, dizzy and shakey, just yucky. I am on day 5, but I don't think I was completely gluten-free the first two days (sneaky gluten in some unexpected places) I'm going to stick it out and hope things get better soon. I have a follow up with the doctor on Monday but hoping I will see a change before then. I have read that this can be expected. This is worse than when I gave up caffeine.

Cara