This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

This Might Be A Very Silly Question But Here It Goes :(

Dellers

Dellers Apprentice

I have never been to the USA I am flying out there during this week and I am making myself paranoid about toilets ! I have an anxiety problem along with gluten. In disney land I keep on looking at the online maps for the toilet locations. In the uk if you serve food there has to be toilets. Is it like this in the usa also ? I have always wanted to go over there but I am getting really paranoid about it I am not sleeping at night and feel really sick the last few days. My husband is helping me he has a list of gluten free places to eat out at :) but everything is new and I cant exactly just run home. I have three packets of imodiums for my luggage and I will get a few more before I leave.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

aeraen Apprentice

Funny, I had the same anxiety when I traveled to the UK :lol: Everyone warned me that the gas (petrol) stations didn't always have restrooms like they do here. But, I never had a problem finding one.

And, yes, restaurants always have restrooms. I often swing into a McDonalds or other fast food restaurant just to use the loo.

Dellers Apprentice

haha joys of it. Thank you so much I feel really silly about it but I am just going out of my mind being so far away from everything I know. Can you tell me if the mac donalds or burger king chips are gluten free ? over here mac donalds are ok burger king is 50/50

kareng Grand Master

You can go to any fast food place & use the restroom and not buy anything. Grocery stores have them, too. I have even stopped at a hospital and used the one near the entrance. Shopping malls always have one near the Food Court area. Big stores like Walmart, Target Kohls, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Lowes, Home Depot are all easy to use.

Pf Changs is a really safe gluten-free place to eat. Be careful, some places, like Applebys, say they have gluten-free food but it is fried with the breaded things. I think there are restuarants in the Disney area that do a good job of gluten-free. You can go to a grocery to get fruit, yogurt, etc.

Dellers Apprentice

Thank you so much for all the help. I have always wanted to go over there but the last week I feel that I dont want to go over this. My husband found the changs place :) I will bring over a few bread rolls in my luggage just until I can find a grocery store. I will be arriving there at 4pm but with jet lag I will be very tired.

Meatballman Rookie

Not to worry Disney world has plenty of rest rooms .Went last August no problems.

rosetapper23 Explorer

If you're going to Disneyland, you're going to Gluten-Free Paradise! Not only are there restrooms EVERYWHERE, but almost every restaurant has a gluten-free menu. They serve gluten-free bread, pasta, hotdog buns, hamburger buns, and pizza there. When you first walk through the gate, go to an information booth and request everything they have about gluten-free accommodations at the parks--you'll be so surprised! I felt completely safe there. No matter where you eat at Disneyland, a restaurant manager will come out to visit you at your table and discuss all the precautions that will be taken with your food. When I ordered some ice cream, the employees actually opened a new package of ice cream and used a brand-new spoon. I had no problems with contamination whatsoever there...and, actually, I didn't want to leave...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Dellers Apprentice

its such a relef to hear that :) we are renting a villa in the Disney area. I was in a panic the other night that there is no toilets around the car park area of it :(

srall Contributor

I have never been to the USA I am flying out there during this week and I am making myself paranoid about toilets ! I have an anxiety problem along with gluten. In disney land I keep on looking at the online maps for the toilet locations. In the uk if you serve food there has to be toilets. Is it like this in the usa also ? I have always wanted to go over there but I am getting really paranoid about it I am not sleeping at night and feel really sick the last few days. My husband is helping me he has a list of gluten free places to eat out at :) but everything is new and I cant exactly just run home. I have three packets of imodiums for my luggage and I will get a few more before I leave.

Hee hee...we are flying to England this summer and my daughter and I are gluten/dairy/soy/corn/blah blah blah...free. Anyhow, I'm nervous too, but I have to imagine that it will be the same amount of difficult or easiness to find foods and bathrooms there. I think you'll do fine. There is a very recent thread on the Parents of Kids board about Walt Disney World (in Florida) that may be helpful to you. I think you'll definitely be able to find nearby bathrooms. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Archived