Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kimbalou

Lomotil

I have been taking Lomotil to help with the diarrhea and cramping. I've read either here or another website...can't remember...where some people take it every day. I asked my Dr. about this and she said it isn't meant for long-term use. I am a nurse. I don't think this makes sense. If a medication works, I think it's ok to take it regularly to live more comfortably! Does anyone here take it??

11/19/10 diagnosed with Celiac disease after positive blood test

12/14/10 Biopsy positive for Celiac disease

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think a lot of people in the microscopic colitis community use it and pepto to stave off the colitis symptoms. My first GI told me to go for it as long as I needed...

Diagnosed celiac 2002

Diagnosed lymphocytic colitis 2003

Casein free

Love baking/cooking

Love triathlons

Are you still having daily D? If you are could you have gluten sneaking in somewhere? If you still have D have you eliminated other intolerances? You mention you are a nurse, do you use powdered gloves? If so perhaps try using nonpowdered ones and see if it makes a difference.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)