tictax707

Desperate For An *accesible* Gi Doc In Socal

Rate this topic

Many of you may have seen my post in the general forum. I'm still really sick after gluten exposure four weeks ago. I tried to get in to see my GI and was told the first time I could see him was May 16th. MAY!!!! I SLEPT ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR Saturday night for goodness sakes and in desperation to stop the madness I seriously quit eating ANYTHING on Sunday. I told the schduler all this and she was unmoved. :angry:

Thankfully - not eating anything helped. But that is NOT RIGHT!!! NONE of this is! I am desperately seeking a doctor. I need to see someone who knows about celiac AND colitis, but at this point I would almost take a chance on someone I can just SEE when I am at rock effing bottom like this.

SO, I need suggestions for a doctor in southern cali - I am pretty sure some of the people from the LA CDF connections are on here too? I am willing to travel - LA, OC, even SD.

Please, help... :(

Many of you may have seen my post in the general forum. I'm still really sick after gluten exposure four weeks ago. I tried to get in to see my GI and was told the first time I could see him was May 16th. MAY!!!! I SLEPT ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR Saturday night for goodness sakes and in desperation to stop the madness I seriously quit eating ANYTHING on Sunday. I told the schduler all this and she was unmoved. :angry:

Thankfully - not eating anything helped. But that is NOT RIGHT!!! NONE of this is! I am desperately seeking a doctor. I need to see someone who knows about celiac AND colitis, but at this point I would almost take a chance on someone I can just SEE when I am at rock effing bottom like this.

SO, I need suggestions for a doctor in southern cali - I am pretty sure some of the people from the LA CDF connections are on here too? I am willing to travel - LA, OC, even SD.

Please, help... :(

Hi,

Unsure if I can help much with Doctor location, but I can tell you what helped me! Water, remove sugar and carbs. I dropped down to 85lbs because of these idiots. I have no food allergies, except the Gluten. I suggest you seek E.R to expedite the GI process. I was misdiagnosed Diabetic over the sugar. I eat Sausage (Premio is gluten free) It has alot of protein and no carbs, Kool-Aid Mix is Gluten Free, but I drink it weak, and use water as well. Not too much water, but the 8 glass a day rule. I eat lettuce, and strawberries because they are low in sugar. You HAVE to eat. Celiac depletes the body as it is. Chicken was OK for me, but avoid Turkey. Boar's head products are also Gluten Free, but stay low-fat. It has to run it's course, I am getting better every day and was even able to nap today! You have to stay healthy in the meantime, I understand how you feel about not eating, but this can further malnution. No Banana or tropical fruits, no apples, no rice, no sugar, no dressing, butter unsalted only! Low Carb, High Protein, Boil out sausage first to reduce sodium. Eggs maybe, or egg whites every few days. I can feel my head again, ouch! Hope this helps! RoseAnne - NY

hi- i am so sorry you are feeling so bad! hang in there!

there is a website i've found to be very interesting re: celiac and gluten intolerance. it is put together by a doctor group in CA. they specialize in celiac/NCGS. not sure if this is what you are looking for....but perhaps they would offer another viewpoint and some immediate help. there is info on how to contact/get to their office around SF.

http://www.healthnowmedical.com/

get well soon.

Check out out the Wm K. Warren Medical Research Foundation for Celiac in San Diego at the University of California San Diego. They are wonderful and there is a Celiac GI doctor thaty works through the foundation. Also a top notch nutritionist.