DanieGurl

Symptoms Only Sometimes?

Rate this topic

Hi guys,

I know some people have really extreme symptoms relating to gluten but is it possible to have mild symptoms all the time and then occasionally, like once a month or couple of months, feel really crappy for a few days or a week?

I find ill feel really bad for about a week but then it goes back to just normal crappy feeling =)

anyone else get this?

I did for years before the D became a daily and then a day and night occurance. I don't think it is unusual. Since I had kids I thought I was just picking up stomach bugs or had a sensitive stomach. Doctors just figured I had IBS and lactose intolerance. I was told for years to just get more fiber and avoid milk. After it became a daily happening doctors just said to take immodium before I left the house...daily :angry: and handed me scripts for antidepressants.

I am wondering about this, too. I have been having GI issues off and on for 9 months. I have had a period of 4 to 6 weeks during that time when I felt great and I was eating gluten. Then, after a stressful event, I started with D, gas, and bloating again. My GI tested me for Celiac, but said I didn't have it. My tests were all negative, except the anti gliadin antibody IgA. Everything I read says this can still be Celiac or non-Celiac gluten sensitivity. I am just having a hard time accepting that I could feel perfectly fine for a period of time while ingesting gluten, if I really have Celiac or gluten sensitivity.

I've had symptoms on and off for 3 or 4 years now. They seem to come back the worst when I'm stressed out. I haven't been to the doctor yet (I need less stress, not more). But I'm in process of cutting gluten out entirely and feel dramatically better. Even when I have symptoms now, they seem to not last as long. I used to get messed for days, but I think that was cause I wasn't cutting the gluten out.

I think it just comes down to your body. If you don't have full blown Celiac and are just intolerant, like it seems I am, I think your body just kind of "personalizes" it's reaction, but I don't think you're experiencing anything out of the "norm".