Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DanieGurl

Symptoms Only Sometimes?

Hi guys,

I know some people have really extreme symptoms relating to gluten but is it possible to have mild symptoms all the time and then occasionally, like once a month or couple of months, feel really crappy for a few days or a week?

I find ill feel really bad for about a week but then it goes back to just normal crappy feeling =)

anyone else get this?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I did for years before the D became a daily and then a day and night occurance. I don't think it is unusual. Since I had kids I thought I was just picking up stomach bugs or had a sensitive stomach. Doctors just figured I had IBS and lactose intolerance. I was told for years to just get more fiber and avoid milk. After it became a daily happening doctors just said to take immodium before I left the house...daily :angry: and handed me scripts for antidepressants.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I am wondering about this, too. I have been having GI issues off and on for 9 months. I have had a period of 4 to 6 weeks during that time when I felt great and I was eating gluten. Then, after a stressful event, I started with D, gas, and bloating again. My GI tested me for Celiac, but said I didn't have it. My tests were all negative, except the anti gliadin antibody IgA. Everything I read says this can still be Celiac or non-Celiac gluten sensitivity. I am just having a hard time accepting that I could feel perfectly fine for a period of time while ingesting gluten, if I really have Celiac or gluten sensitivity.

I've had symptoms on and off for 3 or 4 years now. They seem to come back the worst when I'm stressed out. I haven't been to the doctor yet (I need less stress, not more). But I'm in process of cutting gluten out entirely and feel dramatically better. Even when I have symptoms now, they seem to not last as long. I used to get messed for days, but I think that was cause I wasn't cutting the gluten out.

I think it just comes down to your body. If you don't have full blown Celiac and are just intolerant, like it seems I am, I think your body just kind of "personalizes" it's reaction, but I don't think you're experiencing anything out of the "norm".