Mateja

Genetic Test For Celiac Disease

Rate this topic

Hay!

What do you think about results? Are there any relationship with celiac disease?

HLA: DQ6(1), DQ9(3) (serological equivalent)

Allels:

HLA-DQB1*03:03:02

HLA-DQB1*06

Thanks! :)

I am a double DQ9 and had a lot of issues before diagnosis including severe neurological impact. In the US not all doctors consider it a celiac related gene, it is thought to be more associated with RA (which I was thought to have and is now in remission). In the Middle and Far East it is considered a celiac associated gene.

I don't know about the DQ6 but hopefully someone else will.

If you have symptoms even if you are negative on testing do give the diet a good strict try after all celiac related testing is done.

Thank you very much!

I am on gluten-free diet about 5 mounths. Diarrhea disappear and nausea reduced, but gastritis and reflux don't disappear. Somethimes I hard to breathe and have skin itching. Maybe I am intolerant on some other food too? I have a diarrhea, gastritis, reflux and nausea when I was a child too. I lost 22 lbs in last 6 mounth before diet. When I start gluten-free diet I don't lose any pounds but I can't to gain weight. Now I am 23 years old. What do you thing about this? :)

Thank you very much!

I am on gluten-free diet about 5 mounths. Diarrhea disappear and nausea reduced, but gastritis and reflux don't disappear. Somethimes I hard to breathe and have skin itching. Maybe I am intolerant on some other food too? I have a diarrhea, gastritis, reflux and nausea when I was a child too. I lost 22 lbs in last 6 mounth before diet. When I start gluten-free diet I don't lose any pounds but I can't to gain weight. Now I am 23 years old. What do you thing about this? :)

Have you tried eliminating soy and dairy for a bit? I am now okay with most dairy but soy is out for me for ever. It gives me horrible stomach pain. The skin issue, is it a rash or just a general itchiness? If it is a rash you may have DH in which case eliminating iodine for a time is usually needed to clear it up.

Have you tried eliminating soy and dairy for a bit? I am now okay with most dairy but soy is out for me for ever. It gives me horrible stomach pain. The skin issue, is it a rash or just a general itchiness? If it is a rash you may have DH in which case eliminating iodine for a time is usually needed to clear it up.

I eliminated dairy and that helped me, but soy I didn't. I will try. I am thinking about doing tests for intolerance on other food. That may help me. I have a general itchiness without rash. How long did the recovery in your case?

I eliminated dairy and that helped me, but soy I didn't. I will try. I am thinking about doing tests for intolerance on other food. That may help me. I have a general itchiness without rash. How long did the recovery in your case?

With the DH that resolved pretty quick once I dropped iodine. It took a while for the lesions to heal but new outbreaks stopped.

As far as my other recovery went it depended on the system. I haven't had a migraine since the day I went gluten free, unless glutened. My D stopped really quick, like within a couple weeks gluten-free. My sporatic severe stomach pain didn't stop until I dropped the soy completely. It was sporatic because I didn't eat it often and for a long time I thought it was CC in products that were gluten free. It took quite a while for me to realize what all the products had in common was soy. The neuro damage and arthritis took about 6 months to see improvement and the neuro damage wasn't completely resolved for years but I had very severe neuro impact that had been present since childhood.

Hay!

What do you think about results? Are there any relationship with celiac disease?

HLA: DQ6(1), DQ9(3) (serological equivalent)

Allels:

HLA-DQB1*03:03:02

HLA-DQB1*06

Thanks! :)

I'm a DQ8 (a subgroup of DQ3 and main celiac gene) and a DQ6 ( a subgroup of DQ1 and predisposes for non-celiac sprue) This combination results in a worse celiac response. Gluten, actually fragments of gliadin a gluten protein, start off the celiac autoimmune reaction in DQ8 people and in DQ6 people the gluten flattens villi in the small intestine causing the non-celiac sprue.

What lab did the tests. I'd like to see how they dod the test and why it reads HLA-DQB1* 30:03:02. I'm not familiar with that way of reporting the assay results.

I'm a DQ8 (a subgroup of DQ3 and main celiac gene) and a DQ6 ( a subgroup of DQ1 and predisposes for non-celiac sprue) This combination results in a worse celiac response. Gluten, actually fragments of gliadin a gluten protein, start off the celiac autoimmune reaction in DQ8 people and in DQ6 people the gluten flattens villi in the small intestine causing the non-celiac sprue.

What lab did the tests. I'd like to see how they dod the test and why it reads HLA-DQB1* 30:03:02. I'm not familiar with that way of reporting the assay results.

I know this is an older post but if you're still around, I would LOVE to know where you got this information...this is exactly what I was looking for. Both of my daughters have this genetic combination and they are both very sensitive to gluten but neither have an "official" diagnosis.

Oh my god - Same. I am DQ8/DQ6 but told that DQ6 was of no consequence. And my symptoms are life threatening...hmm - if this is true it could be the answer to all my questions!

it is the DQ1 that makes this more severe.

it is the DQ1 that makes this more severe.

So DQ6 (or DQ1) makes the symptoms more severe? That would explain why my girls are so sensitive, why we have to have a completely gluten free house for them to not have any symptoms, and why they can't even tolerate most gluten free foods because of CC. I wish doctors would get on board with this.

there are even at least two-three forums with such people, and many are DQ1 over there.

gluten sensitivity on braintalk, and on neurotalk, and glutenfreeandbeyond forums

there are even at least two-three forums with such people, and many are DQ1 over there.

gluten sensitivity on braintalk, and on neurotalk, and glutenfreeandbeyond forums

Thank you so much! I will check these out