josh052980

Seeming Spontaneous Symptoms!

Rate this topic

So this morning when I woke up, I was feeling pretty good. I'd been glutened twice last week, and today had been the first day I'd been feeling close to normal since Thursday of last week. Around noon, I got insanely nauseous and bloated, within a span of minutes. All I've ate today has been gluten free... Just some corn Chex w/honey and lactose free milk for breakfast, some Ocean Spray cranberry juice, some Blue Diamond Almonds and Lays Potato chips for a snack and a Vernor's to wash those down. My breakfast lunch and dinner yesterday were all gluten free too...

Has this happened to anyone else? Am I still feeling the after effects of my previous glutening(s)?

Reactions can act really late, so if you ate something with gluten a few days ago you could be getting the consequences now... A little odd you would wake up feeling great though, it could be that your stomach doesn't get along with something other than gluten. Like the potato chips could be too harsh or something. Not quite sure though...

Well, lays can't garentee that their product is gluten free (in a sense of CCing). I looked it up some time ago on their website and it said that :( but other than that you could still be healing.

Well, lays can't garentee that their product is gluten free (in a sense of CCing). I looked it up some time ago on their website and it said that :( but other than that you could still be healing.

I believe Lay's actually changed this - saying that a lot of their chip products are now gluten free. Although I still don't trust 'em - especially since they are most likely GMO potatoes.

In response to the OP - I used to get heavily bloated (and still probably would if it weren't for glutamine) if I consumed a lot of fat. The majority of digestion of fat takes place in the small intestine - so it makes perfect sense that most celiacs struggle with it. Lay off the oils for a while and see if that makes a difference. I would also switch to a safer gluten-free chip - Cape Cods and Kettle Brand are pretty good.

Does anyone know if Hershey's is safe? The only thing I can come up with that I ate that might have caused this was a Hershey's with Almonds bar last night...

I react to all the gluten free chex cereals, might look into that.

You may have a delayed gluten reaction or an additional food sensitivity. Could take some sleuthing to figure out what is bothering you. Don't forget, the high fructose corn syrup in the Vernor's could make one feel sick.

Josh, this happens to me all the time! The most common explanation that I get is that I am not fully healed yet since I was diagnosed a year ago. I am hoping the explanation is as simple as that because it is REALLY annoying to follow the rules and still feel this way! I feel your pain!

I'm sorry you're going through the same thing Cait... I'm actually almost 100% today... Hopefully I stay that way so I can heal now. I think stress plays a HUGE part in it too... I'm stressed at work like none other right now, so it's gotta be hindering me.

I hope you feel well soon Cait!

I find after a glutening my stomach is unpredictable for a week or so. I'll cycle through good days and bad. Also I'm more sensitive to fats and spices until things heal up so I try to eat kind of light.

As to the Hershey's Almond, I eat these without issue. Hershey isn't so good at disclosing CC and such but last I read the Hershey and Hershey w/ almond bars were being listed as safe by the company.

Thanks! They won't answer my email, so I was wondering.

I react to Blue Diamond Almonds. Some of us react to lower levels of gluten cc than others. You might want to avoid gluten-free foods made on shared lines. You might want to look into Super Sensitive celiacs. There is a section here for us.