maximoo

Is Urgency A Symptom?

Rate this topic

Hey gang: Is urgency to go (ya know #2) a symptom of celiac? Someone in my family on infrequent occassions will suddenly have to go & if they don't get to a toilet with a minute or two they will have an accident. Its that fast & out of the blue. They cannot hold it at all. Fatigue/foggy brain is only other thing we can think of. (they have been accused of being passive-aggressive which we think is the foggy brain ) This person is in their mid 40's.

what do you guys think?

Those were two of my symptoms.

Mine too.

oh yeah

ok then does the fact that it is infrequent make it possibly NOT a symptom? The family member says it isn't diarrhea, that its just loose, fast & furious. not too graphic I hope) Oh and now I am told the anus stings & burns alot. Sry if thats not important.

I will advise them to keep a food diary until they can get tested.

Oh no apologies. We talk about poo all the time on here :lol:

fast, furious,burning and painful

I burned down there for the longest time

during and after a BM... just agony

OR

hard, small marbles, like passing glass shards

I've run the gamut

frequent or infrequent

makes no matter

fatigue

foggy brain

yup, yup

It is not "normal" to have an urge and be unable to control it.

Urinary urgency is also a symptom. Abdominal swelling and GI tract inflammation presses on that bladder and makes for some irritation.

I just PMed you (personal messenger) with a link to over 300 symptoms of celiac disease. Just FYI! ;) Some things that may seem "unrelated" add up. I had so many weird symptoms-- but when I saw that list, I felt validated. :)

irishHeart,May you please send me that list as well?Ive been in and out of hospital and drs.Tested for lupus etc...and from what im reading on this forum from anxiety to joint pain and so on.I feel i have celiac. Thank you

irishHeart,May you please send me that list as well?Ive been in and out of hospital and drs.Tested for lupus etc...and from what im reading on this forum from anxiety to joint pain and so on.I feel i have celiac. Thank you

absolutely, hon! here you go..

http://glutenfreeworks.com/gluten-disorders/celiac-disease/symptom-guide/

Hey Irish: yes I got the list (again) lol,,, anyway urgency doesn't seem to appear on the list but maybe there is a name for it that I don't recognize,--same for the burning butt. I mean it doesn't say burning butt syndrome LOL... Oh yeah now I am told there is heartburn by my family member. Seems to be adding up...

On the list is hangnail. Well how is hang nail a symptom--geez you can snag your nail on anything.

BTW what stopped your butt from burning? A&D ointment was used with little effect & now triple antibiotic is being used which is a little better.

On a side note my DD' s hair has hardly grown in over a yr & has a lot of breaking. And it seems drier than usual--I don't see this on the list--maybe unrelated?

anyway urgency doesn't seem to appear on the list

same for the burning butt.

BTW what stopped your butt from burning?

On a side note my DD' s hair has hardly grown in over a yr & has a lot of breaking. And it seems drier than usual--I don't see this on the list--maybe unrelated?

Sorry if I sent it twice. My bad.

Took a few months,but no more gluten passing through and reduced inflammation stopped my butt from burning.

Urinary tract infections and bladder pain --symptoms of celiac disease-- confirmed by my GYN. Also, burning girlie parts. Great fun. :huh:

Hair loss is on the list. Lots of people have this issue on here. Me included. :( Mine is so thin and breaks off easily.

There may be things that are NOT on the list. Yet. They update frequently.

@Irish, No not hair loss or thinning--just not growing or barely growing & a big chunk broke of so all the lengths are very uneven. . The hair is still thick & curly. I think it has to do with the vit D deficiency. I got her on gluten-free multi-vits Plus a calcium chewy & extra Vit D I suspect hair will grow now. She always had & still has beautiful strong fingernails but her toenails are softer. Go figure.

Back to the burning butt, did you try any ointments or creams that helped?

Butt tip: baby powder or cornstarch sometimes helps.

:)

@Irish, No not hair loss or thinning--just not growing or barely growing & a big chunk broke of so all the lengths are very uneven. . The hair is still thick & curly. I think it has to do with the vit D deficiency. I got her on gluten-free multi-vits Plus a calcium chewy & extra Vit D I suspect hair will grow now. She always had & still has beautiful strong fingernails but her toenails are softer. Go figure.

Back to the burning butt, did you try any ointments or creams that helped?

alopecia--hair loss in chunks. on the list.Those spots should grow back in.

I tried things, but frankly, nothing helped. That has stopped now that I am gluten free...

My GI issues with BM were also random. Time, urgency, frequency, consistency, there was nothing the was the same it seemed like. The only thing I never had was constipation.

Family member is skeptical but I am making leeway. i think they will finally join or at east lurk.

@Irish, There aren't any hair loss spots. I am not explaining correctly I guess. a piece of DD's hair broke off-- like in half. No hair is missing from the scalp. its the same as like cutting half a chuck of hair off. Alopecia as I understand it, is hair falling out causing bald patches, right?